view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Okay currently, i'm number 2 horde side on the Hellscream server. Number 2 to Cyndril.

Could you tell me how Cyndril is almost 11 points ahead of me?

Currently he has a 245 shield, and a 251 trinket. The rest is 264 with 1 277 item level gear.
I have 1 251 weapon and the rest is 264 with a 277 ring.

If you go by item level technically I out gear him.
If you are going by quality of gear shouldn't my 4 piece sanctified out gear his 2 piece?
If your going by statistics like dodge parry and block. He has me in 2 of the catagories because I chose to actually gear into Expertise. in which he does not. Not only am I hit capped and he isn't but i'm also expertise capped i'm also almost 3k health above. He has 1k more armor due to the trinket.

Is he getting more points for a better weapon maybe and its rating it higher because of that?

Also, I'm 6034 in game and he is 5984
No response at all? I'd figure that someone would of had some type of answer for this. If the Gms don't know here tell me you don't know.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Item level does not represent gear score for that item.
okay.. but then explain to me how he is ahead of me in score??
Site Admin
Site Admin
Like i stated in previous post wow-heroes dont score items only by item level, but Cyndril has better gear then Dalindor in any way (as you can see on the screenshot).
Attachments
Dal vs Cyn.JPG
Dal vs Cyn.JPG (142.28 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
Dude.. when you took that screenshot I had on a different libram and was tanking trash. (Multiple mobs beating on you having more block + SoComm = Shield of Righteousness that hits multple people which adds to snap aggro.) I have the exact same libram and have had that same libram, here is a screenshot, plus generalized break down.

As you can see according to it says different. Notice at the top it says 3258 to his 3270
Explain?

Dodge -> Cyndril beats Dalindor by .13
Parry -> Cyndril beats Dalindor by .99
Block -> Same
Stamina -> Dalindor beats Cyndril by 65
Strength -> Cyndril Beats Dalindor by 6
HIt -> Both are capped with FF/Misery but Cyndril is not capped without.
Expertise -> Cyndril has no expertise. Dalindor is capped.
Armor -> Dalindor beats Cyndril by 789
How is badge gear considered better then 4 piece T10?
If you look at the screenshot the Diff says i'm above by 7. How does he have 12 additional points?
I don't check this often but is there something that this website looks for inside the gear to equate more? If so I can easily go buy those few peices of gear.

Expertise cap means threat he is losing. I have more health then him. My armor/health makes up the difference between dodge/parry. Also, because I can generate threat faster my dps doesn't have to hold back. Meaning a faster down, meaning higher dps values because they don't have to waste time either holding back or Hunters having to MD (which takes from their dps btw). Plus, I've downed LK25. So... where does these 12 points he gets coming from? Why are these FN points haunting me? He has more gems is that why? thats 5 gems? Does those 5 gems outweigh 12% dodge for 10 seconds + 20% more damage, which in turn provides 10% increased threat? And Like I said previously before -> minus the 251 trinket. It stated what i had at that time, never did it say a 226 libram :-P. Which was on April 2nd post, vs the response April 14th where you pointed out using the screenshot of a libram i was using that day. So.. where is the points he is getting?

Quote:
Currently he has a 245 shield, and a 251 trinket. The rest is 264 with 1 277 item level gear.
I have 1 251 weapon and the rest is 264 with a 277 ring.

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk249/SachiyoKusanagi/?action=view&current=Proof.gif
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cyndril gets 18 points for being a girl :P
On a more serious note, like Milagros said, item level does not = score, and your 4x T10 bonus is accounted into your score.
I have to disagree with you on expertise value. It used to be awesome stat in TBC because it gave less chance that boss will dodge/parry, which equals more threat and at the same time reduced the chance that boss will get hasted attack after parrying your attack, which was awesome (up to parry cap). In wotlk, it's pretty useless because no one has threat issues anymore, especially with misdirect, TotT, there is practically no chance that someone will pull aggro from normal tank.

We are in the process of reviewing scoring system, more news about it soon.
On the sake of being argumentative, currently one of the highest threat producing classes is a feral druid (catform). Since threat doesn't scale with gear (being fixed in Cata), alot of tanks are having issues with feral druids having to hold back to stay under. Cower does hardly no threat drop. An example would be Rahvine pulling from Cyndril. I know for a fact he pulls even with ToT/MD on cooldown. He generates upwards of 14k tps, and even I have trouble sometimes when raiding with him.

Shouldn't pull aggro and can't pull aggro are 2 very different things. One, a person being responsible enough to back off to not pull aggro which can result into loss of dps expectially for hard mode encounters vs someone who can go all out and do everything they can to squeeze out every dps.

Why should I as a tank build my gear around survivability when my healers have no trouble keeping me up? Why not assist in building more threat on adds (since I'm an off tank to a warrior) so dps doesn't have to worry about that threat.

You may disagree with expertise but..

Quote:
In patch 3.3, Shield of Righteousness became a melee attack and became dodge-able and parry-able. This has caused a paradigm shift in our stat weightings, as Expertise and Hit now solidly surpass STR for threat. At the same time, the increased chance of ShoR misses has dropped Block Value significantly.
says otherwise. Source : http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/guides/theorycraft/matlab-tps-analysis Now since EJ is out of date as of 3.3 maintankadin is the place to go for information. Also, choosing gear at maintankadin states

Quote:
Expertise rating: This stat reduces the chance of your attacks being dodged and parried. You can get 6 expertise from talents and 10 from a glyph (not rating mind you). So you won’t need that much from gear.

From that quote you can clearly see that it states that you will still need some, it doesn't however state that you don't need any.

Now if i'm doing it wrong then so is Lazeil from Paragon, and Felyndiia of For the Horde. Also if you look their dodge/parry/block is as high as mine. Putting main focus on Armor at that gear level.

I completely understand that its not item level and your currently working on the scoring. I'm trying to find those points that separate us. :-P and trust me Cyndril is a guy irl, i've raided with him.
Jump to :