view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
OK i know there many out there that think only gear score is all that matters, But a player being able to play his toon is over half the battle. And I'm getting sick of recount being the Link in 5man runs and raid heck if you want to know what your dps was download it.

And why I'm here and this is my 1st post ever

It is game that take a Team too get things done, and not just one person, think of the people you play with.... There atleast one that think are just the only one that pulled everyone else though and how great his DPS or Healing is. They would not have them numbers that they got if it wasn't for the tank hold it or the dps, dpsing and/or CC, and the healer healing. SO lets see if we can all work at the goal of getting to END game and not all the fussing because i seen some players in Green come in and whip the Crap out of some but lets try and help each other gear up learn to play there toons.

So many Newbie out there that have been pull though stuff and don't know the basic because they had a friend or some high lvl toon went down and had them just stand there why they showed off too gear them up. and it dont hurt to help each other but dang it they mey learn more if you show them where the info is and not tell the. Than they will feel like they have did something for them self. # 1 this is a GAME so heck have some fun and lighten that why i wrote this too get it off my chest so the game is fun again, I Found A great guild on my Shammy and I'm starting to enjoy playing again
I don't think anyone could have said it better than that. :good:
Here is the thing. Let's say your putting together an ICC 25 man PUG. Certain bosses have a dps requirement to pass through them. If you get a raid full of say 2300 GS individuals, then guess what...you fail. Doesn't matter HOW good or bad the players are-- it's mathmatically impossible to complete the mission.

So your putting together a pug. First thing I look for are friends and guildies I know will do a good job. Second thing I am going to look for is a gearscore that might make it POSSIBLE to complete what I want to accomplish. Could some of those people be HORRIBLE and haven't a clue what they are doing? SURE! Does having a certain gearscore ensure we will one shot everthing and not have to work at it? Of course not.

So one of the reasons many people use the wow-heroes version is it also takes into account enchants and gems. In my opinion this is the difference between someone who tries to make their character the BEST they can be at their level. And someone who just logs on sometimes and hasn't a clue what they are doing.

Blizzard has made it SO easy to up your gearscore. There are hundreds of ways to obtain gear, money, gems and enchanting matts. If you just put a tiny bit of effort in upfront...then you should be ready for the raid you are trying to attempt. In my opinion if your mad about gearscore, most likely then you are one of those people who wants someone else to do all the work for you. Just drag me through and give me gear. If your that person...than I dont' want you to come anyway. I don't care if you don't EVER stand in fire...if your not geared and ready for the raid I am attempting...then sorry.

I will give you that some players who put together pugs may ask for silly high numbers because they plain just want it to be EASY. However, that is their perogative for bothering to take the time and effort to make the raid in the first place....so if you don't like it, make your own raid! (it's not as easy as it looks!) Good luck!
Be that as it may. I predict that this silly notion of gearscore will eventually be a game killer.
Jump to :