view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I noticed ads for gold sellers on your site. This saddens me greatly, as I can not use or recommend any site that displays such ads, and this site has been useful.

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention and didn't realize that Google was running the ads (I noticed it said "ads by Google" at the bottom of the link). If that is the case, please have them stop displaying those ads. You do have a choice, you don't have to accept every advertisement they try to display, please go to their site and correct the problem.

I'm not arguing for or against buying gold here; however, like Blizzard, I do believe that people involved in breaking the ToU start out being unscrupulous, and do contribute to the all too common cracking of WoW accounts greatly. Regardless of your philosophy about buying in-game items useful for cash, to support these people is to support a well-organized and funded effort to steal from your fellow gamer. I ask you not to do this.

Thanks; I hope WoW-Heroes decides to take down these ads! I'd hate to have to stop using this site permanently. If you do stop displaying them, I will go out of my way top encourage that people using the site donate to it directly.

Thanks!
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
Please report any add that advertise gold selling, we will ban them immediately. We really don't support them ,and unfortunately you can not filtrate them if you don't know that they exist (gold sellers change there web sites name very often).
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/ac ... raft/&nm=2

That's what I got from copying the link location from the giant banner across the top of the page.

Thanks for your clear policy!
Site Admin
Site Admin
Banned ,thank you for reporting.
i was very surprised to see the ads as well on this reputable site. not only is it illegal, but it puts other players accounts at risk of hacking (which is here some of the gold and items come from).
each page here has a gold selling ad on it. here are 2 with link location copied directly from ad:

main forums gold selling ad

top of thread ad
Site Admin
Site Admin
Google doesn't have the option to "remove all gold selling ads" from the website, it only offers the option to ban certain websites which display inappropriate ads. However, they recently implemented "Interest-based advertising", which means that ads which you see won't be the same ads which some other visitor sees.
For example, I have never seen that ad which you saw, and I'm visiting wow-heroes each day several times for the last 1.5 years.
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/ac ... gold/&nm=3

I had not sen gold selling ads on this site until very recently either.

I wonder if Google is opening itself up to legal problems by displaying these kinds of ads. It's one thing to provide a link in a search engine to a site that might provide something questionable, and another entirely to promote the illegal activity with advertisements!

Again, TYVM for your attention and support against these ads.

;)
Site Admin
Site Admin
Banned :)

Talosaur wrote:
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=BiduorE1HS83jDIa-zAW-29ySDd2N7361qe-qDv-Tw9Y2kOibAhABGAEg-O-FBDgAUK2c30hgye77jOSkwBOgAfnwle0DsgESd3d3Lndvdy1oZXJvZXMuY29tugEKMTYweDYwMF9hc8gBA9oBI2h0dHA6Ly93d3cud293LWhlcm9lcy5jb20vaW5kZXgucGhwgAIBqQIRnajKn6iDPsgC48XWCagDAcgDBegDaegD7gT1AwAAAIA&num=1&sig=AGiWqtz6loQBBBW91CeNoa1s3fQAJlskWg&client=ca-pub-4724919721367254&adurl=http://www.mmosavor.com/wow-gold/&nm=3

I had not sen gold selling ads on this site until very recently either.

I wonder if Google is opening itself up to legal problems by displaying these kinds of ads. It's one thing to provide a link in a search engine to a site that might provide something questionable, and another entirely to promote the illegal activity with advertisements!

Again, TYVM for your attention and support against these ads.

;)

there is no laws that say you cant sell gold or have ads for ..further more blizzard does say in it's tou that they will ban you for buy and selling items and buy and selling gold it's crash's the in game ecnomny
which i hate gold sellers just as much as the next person does but what do you do there gonna do it regardless they can make a new toon in a matter of secondswhich stinks real cause you think that blizzard would mac address ban them instead of credit card ban and ip ban cause they can change credit cards and the ip aint that hard too change...FOR THE ALLIANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jump to :