•  Topic Gear Score
  •   |  Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:12 pm 
Previous 1 . 2
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Your gear score puts limits on what you can do. A player in all blues, no matter how skilled, cannot meaningfully contribute to Icecrown Citadel - the game mechanics won't let them deal enough DPS, or they'll run out of mana as a healer, or as a tank they'll get one-shot.
Site Admin
Site Admin
You will never find player in blues that will have recommendation for Icecrown Citadel.

Coty wrote:
With all of this being said:
I do know people who don't have the highest gear score but are really good players; good at their class and the game in general.
Many guild will give you a test run so they can see how you play... since your spec and rotation has A LOT to do with how your toon performs.
(:

this is where i fall into, my GS is crap but i can 2m heal Ony 25, lol done it a few times now. Gear does not = skill but skill > Gear

Quote:
this is where i fall into, my GS is crap but i can 2m heal Ony 25, lol done it a few times now. Gear does not = skill but skill > Gear

While i agree with you, the gear give you the spell power and the mp5 needed for high level instance.
If you can heal in ony25, it's because you have a lot a friend with good stuff/skill that correct your low level spell power.
Skill is not enough. But a skilled person can rapidly grab good stuff ;)

A quote from a friend:

Quote:
"If you have mp5 problem, use low level spells" :amen:
no, not completely true at all, i also cleared ICC 10 and working on ICC 25. i am usually #2 on healing meters, but you see the difference with me is that i am also the lowest on overheals. i time my heals instead on continuously spamming heals.

Arky wrote:
looking at my spec on here it says 'character has highest score in this spec', i dont have that good a gear so is it more than likely that im the only person with that spec at 80? (7/13/51)

Not true. All that means is your gear score for your character is highest in the current talent tree you are in. If you duel spec your toon and and get better gear in that talent build then it will switch. Check other toons in your guild and you will see what I mean. :grin:
Previous 1 . 2
Jump to :