view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
So i searched before i posted this, i assumed it would be in a sticky as well. Maybe someone can make some sort of SOP for the way items are scored.

I understand and agree with the way that the enchantments are accounted for and scored, but i added the total iLev gear of my char vs. a guildies and as far as total iLevs go, i have 3569 and he has 3559. But for some reason, he has a higher gear score and total score (2201 vs 2215) than i do (even with some of his gear not enchanted or with the best enchants on it). Is the reason i have a lower comparative score because i have 1 peice of pvp? (deadly glad bracers)... or do you exponentially give more points for the higher the item level ...or does badge vendor gear count less per item level than say a drop?
I don't know the specifics of how they calculate gear score but I do know that you get a penalty for PVP gear.

Gorg
massive penalty rom my calculations they equate 213 PvP as 187 blue and 226 PvP as 200 blue 200 PvP is like ilvl 150 blue

thats it like compared to scores for PvE stuff
I'm curious about this too. I would argue that Darkmoon Card: Greatness (ilvl 200) is still very close to BiS for some classes or at least closer than the iLvl indicates. I suppose I could just equip the highest level trinket to improve my score but I'm interested in exactly how gear score is calculated. If it's solely based on iLvl, I'd suggest that DMC: Greatness should use 213 or 219 for calculations rather than 200.
I was curious about this as well.

My current gear score is lower than another player from my guild, even though my iLvl is higher totaled up, I still have a lower overall gear score. I am wearing no PvP gear. All items are from drops and vendor badge gear. Not really a concern, just makes me wonder how gear scores are added up on the site.
I am all so wondering the same thing, How ever I do know that an items with the same gear score as another are scored with the same score If they are have gem sockets on them. For exp A Belt Item lvl 226 that has 3 gems on it will have the same score as an item lvl 226 with No gem socets on it. But The Toon with the Belt with 3 Sockets Will get a better overall score. Im not sure How this works Fully yet as im new to the site. For exp a toon in my Guild had the same score as my toon 2408 He Got boots to day item lvl 226 His old boots were item lvl 200 . But the new boots have 2 sockets on them and his score went from 2408 to 2444 in stead of his score going up bye 26 the score went up bye 36. "10 more" dus this mean each socket Gives 5 more Points to the over all gear score? and if so That throws the hole Point system off and why are the socket points not added up? My suggestion is that the gems or gem sockets are added up Just like the enchants are and showed just like the enchants are. another ? I have is are epic gems worth more points than others? Seems like they would be... If any 1 has any Info on this Plz let me know.
Jump to :