view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Just wanted to take this opporotunity to thank you guys for making this site. It has caused nothing but headaches for me because my now ex-guild is using your site as a benchmark for membership forcing members to quit for not having adequate scores tallied up by your site.

At first it started off as a huge ego contest in the guild when the site was discovered. But it's been serveral weeks now and they are now instituting guild policies around it.

As a suggestion I'd recommend allowing people to sign-up for your site and then allow them the option to filter whether or not their characters can be viewed or ranked by guild.
I'd say: If your guild uses numbers on a site rather then looking at the skill of a player you are better off without them.

So gather up the people who had to leave and join another guild or start your own.
I would have to agree if your guild made you quit due to numbers you are pushing or not making then you are better off with out that guild. I have seen many elitist guilds out there and most of them do great for a long time but eventually they all have the same thing happen. They fall apart cause people are tired of hearing numbers and other things being shouted at them. Personally the numbers are a great bench mark to use here just to help give people something to strive for however in most cases Guilds are using DPS charters from addons like Recount but don't know how to properly use that tool to its fullest. You can be lowest on the dps charter but higher on the damage done and lower on the Damage taken.
We did exackly like that its very easy to see if people is trying to be part of the raiding guild or not with these numbers.

and maybe these to guys has been treaten wrongly maybe some of the guys we kicked did.
but really i dont care the application clearly said we wanna be part of a raid guild. we will do what it takes to progress this is what they sign up for. having only ench 10 on wow-head or no ench is just not serios. if ur guild is fokusing on ulduar 25, maly and such. and ur gear is wow-hero score 1500-1800 i actully think its fair to clean up in the ranks of slackers. sorry to say but there is alot of gearing up guilds and PUGs out there.

damn u get grey hairs sometimes from people thinking the guild was made so they could get easy loot. nothing personal in the guild kicks, but using 5-8 hours aday actully makes wow serios for some of us. i agree with the guy saying that u cant see everything from the points. but u can see enough to see if people wanna join ulduar or not.
Wow, just wow... I don't even know what to say to something like this. It's true these numbers are a good indication of how serious a person is about their playtime in this game. The fact that you were kicked out of your guild is, as has been stated previously, a gauge that you didn't belong in that guild. Find a new one that fits your playstyle better, and you'll be happier in game for it. We don't pay a monthly fee to put up with stuff, just move on. :cool:
I agree, if all they look at is your ilvl and not your performance then screw 'em, you don't need that crap.
Jump to :