view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Well i got all my T9 gear today and the best weapon i can find so far in the game. I am pretty much purely speced in blood talents. i usually push 2-2.8k DPS. I use horns of winter, throw AoE alot and use icy touch and plague strike on the targets before using heart strike. I am doing alrite to the best of my knowledge but everyone i run randoms with tells me i should be at 3-4k DPS. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
~Cory
Items:

Get rid of Beserker!, gem your belt with a strength gem (Eternal belt buckles can use ANY gem, not just prismatic, but not meta) Get your shoulders enchanted with faction enchants. (The heirloom items)

Talents:

Spec out of Spell Deflection 3/3 - You're not tanking.
Spec Death Rune Mastery 3/3 - This spec gives you the ability to make Death Runes, which count as any type of rune.
------
Spec out of Improved Blood Presence 2/2
Spec into Improved Blood presence 1/2 - You should NOT change into another presence while blood DPS'ing. Stick with Blood Presence.
Spec into Hysteria 1/1 - This is amazing for burst damage at the beginning of a fight. When in a raid, use this with Heroism/Bloodlust or use it whenever it is available.
Spec out of Dancing Rune Weapon 1/1 - This is rarely used by Death Knights
-----
Spec out of Runic Power Mastery - Just not needed.
Spec out of Morbidity 3/3 - Not needed, you shouldn't use Death and Decay during most fights, Blood is single target dps.
Spec into Necrosis 5/5, when you have downtime, your swings will do more damage.
Spec into Blood-Caked Blade 3/3 - Works great with Necrosis, dealing amazing damage with auto swing damage, when your abilities are down.
-----
Spec into Unholy Blight 1/1 - More DoTs = Win.

Afterwards, you will have 2 points to play around with, I just toss them into Night of the Dead 2/2 - I use this really with Raise Dead and Death Pact when you're running low on health and the healer is rubbish.

Glyphs:

Major-
Glyph of Dark Death
Glyph of Unholy Blight
Glyph of Death Strike

Minor-
Glyph of Horn of Winter
Glyph of Raise Dead

Last one is open, I put Pestilence, but I never use the spell.

Rotation:

Maxdps.com, using their rotation, it works wonders in Single Target.

Notes:

Keep at least 25 Runic Power handy for your Glyph of Death Strike.

--------

This is my first time helping someone, hope I worked wonders with you.

Feel free to whisper me on my realm, Suramar, name is Bagon

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... gon&gn=AFK
Ok, my $0.02.

First things first, your spec.

You have a lot of the right talents, but some wrong ones too.

Drop 3 points in Scent of Blood and 3 Points in Vendetta. As blood you don't have any problem generating RP so you shouldn't waste talents on something that is designed to give you more. And you shouldn't have issues regaining health as blood either. So these 6 points are better served somewhere else.

Put 1 point into Improved Blood Presence, 5 points into Blood Gorged, and a point into Dancing Rune Weapon. Not sure why that other dk said dk's don't use that. If you're not using Empowered rune wep, hysteria, and DRW whenever it's up then you're gimping the hell out of your dps capability. DRW + HS + Hysteria + ERW = death everywhere. Probably explains to me why he's a blood dk with the gear he has and is only doing 7.5k.

In the UH Tree you need to drop a point in Epidemic, 2 in On a Pale Horse, and one in Unholy Blight. Those are wasted skill points as the dps they provide or the effects on proc are wasted. Take those three points and put them into Morbidity. As many DC's as you'll be using... extra dmg on them is always a benefit to your dps.

The other dk was right on rotation though. Maxdps is probably the best designed rotation for just learning the blood rotation. But remember... HS is your highest dps skill... so the more times you can hit it, the more dmg you do.

Maxdps.com will also give you a idea of what gear to go after as blood. just turn down the loot levels to what you/your guild runs and see what is attainable for you.
Just thought I'd post up my exact single target rotation
Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike, Death Coil, (Death Coil), Death Strike, Heart strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, (Death Coil x2 or DRW)

Obviously keeping HoW up is a big thing as well. The things in "( )" are situation dependent/RP dependent.

Edit: My DK's name is Fidel and I'm from Maelstrom :) I also have a Disc Priest named Valrecia

kitchaos wrote:
Just thought I'd post up my exact single target rotation
Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike, Death Coil, (Death Coil), Death Strike, Heart strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, (Death Coil x2 or DRW)

That beeing the rotation I use for single target dps, for a pack of 3 or more mobs (3 in a raid and 5 in a hc) I use the following for AOE DPS:

Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, Blood Boil, Death Strike, Death Coil, (Death Coil), Death Strike, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, (Death Coil x2 or DRW)

Repeat as needed untill you need to switch back to the single target rotation as quoted above.

Also I will say that HC's now are more about burst damage rather than a true representation of your actual DPS as the mobs and bosses seldom live long enough for us to compleate a rotation. You will find that your DPS will look better in a raid for instance as we do low damage attacks in high frequancy, we start at the bottom of the dps meter and work up, over time, were as other classes will start high and fall due to there attacks beeing high damage but with longer time bettween attacks.
A good example of this is a druid friend of mine (Boomkin) can do 17K crits in ICC 10, were as I have never seen my crits get higher than 9K but I am still doing 1K more dps than him at the end of the fight.

In short I wouldn't worry to much about what other guys say you "should" be doing on the DPS chart. at the end of the day its only a hc, who cares right lol.

Hope that helps!
Skullknight
I don't get why everyone under the sun swears by Dancing Rune Weapon. I worked it into my rotation and got less DPS than when I was just hammering Death Coil, so I can say I tried it and dropped it.

However I have newly discovered Hysteria, and that is pretty awesome for basically a 30 sec single target Blood Lust.

Keep in mind the build you use also has to work for you. I can't play Frost, and it's because I leveled Blood DPS and having Frost Strike be a Rune dump screws me up. I might try Frost DPS in the near future, but right now I'll stick with what I know.
http://www.levelingdeathknight.com also have a decent DPS build
Jump to :