view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Enchant Chest - Super Health gives 275 health, or thinking about it another way, ~27.5 stamina. Yet it is currently scored as a red zero on my shadow priest's character sheet.

While there's some room for individual opinion, IMO this is the best in slot enchant or at least a tie with the +10 stats for my class.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thank you for opinion ,but i have to disagree with you ,if you are shadow priest you have much more benefit from +10 stats enchant since that will give you +10 stamina+10 intelect+10 spirit .
Enchant Chest - Super Health - we will buff score for this enchant a bit ,but definitely will not have score 15 for shadow priests .
Thanks for the reply Milagros.

Both enchants provide for at least +10 stamina, so I'll factor that out.

As you point out, The +stats enchant also provides +10 int and +10 spirit. At my gear level, and on a 5 minute raid boss fight, those stats would boost my DPS by 3.5 DPS, which is a less than 0.1% improvement compared to my theoretical sustained rate of 4,136 DPS.

By comparison, the super health enchant provides instead 175 health, which would boost my raid health of just under 20,000 by about 0.9%.

Now of course nearly all PVE shadow priests would value DPS more highly than they would survivability. But the enchant you are describing as "much more benefit" is trading off survivability at greater than 10 to 1 cost for DPS. This is an extremely low valuation of survivability and I'm not aware of any serious theory crafting community that could support it. Are you?

If not, could I ask you to please consider sticking with what seems most objective in any case, and trusting Blizzard that there is a reason that both enchants have the same iLevel? In any event, isn't most other gear evaluation on your site done on this same basis (iLevel vs. site moderator personal opinion), so wouldn't that be consistent for the site?

Thank you for your consideration.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Like you said number that you can see beside every item on wow-heroes is just a Blizz Ilevel ,that isn't score for that specific item .
Enchants don't have Ilelvel , level that you can see for them is just a level when enchanter can lvl up (skil up) on them.
Your survivability will be more than enough if you have proper items for your level with +10 stats . Healers and tanks in PvE are there to think about you (not knowing tactics ,or not watching on your aggro is only your problem and that is another story where 275 health can not save you).
Enchant Chest - Super Health is high valuable enchant for all tanking classes.
Usable websites:
http://www.maxdps.com/priest/shadow.php
http://shadowpriest.com/
http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php
None of the theorycrafting websites we've seen suggests Super Health as the best/or over Super/Powerfull Stats. Also all high end raiding shadow priests use only Powerfull Stats .
In specific fights where you need more hp than usual most people use different/stamina gear, or at least a trinket like Essence of Gossamer
Jump to :