view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I notice that armor enchants are generally low-rated for tanking, with Glove Reinforcements rated lower than Vindicator's Armor Kit (!!!) among others and Major Armor to cloak rated lower than Greater Agility (among others, I can't see because the rest of the list is cut off by the bottom of the frame).

Was there any reason for this?
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well tbh, atm I do think that +12 agility is better than 120 armor on cloak (at least for warrs and druids, I'm not sure yet about ench ratings for palas). I'll take a look at values for gloves tho, I admit that Glove Reinforcements should be above Vindicator's Armor Kit.
Oh and I'll work on that display problem in FF and IE7, so that we can see the whole list.

Alex wrote:
Well tbh, atm I do think that +12 agility is better than 120 armor on cloak (at least for warrs and druids, I'm not sure yet about ench ratings for palas). I'll take a look at values for gloves tho, I admit that Glove Reinforcements should be above Vindicator's Armor Kit.
Oh and I'll work on that display problem in FF and IE7, so that we can see the whole list.

That doesn't seem to be anything but a gut call on the enchants. +120 armor to cloak and Glove Reinforcements are the best EH enchants in the respective slots for warriors and paladins in fights which aren't mostly elemental damage. There are a lot of perfectly reasonable reasons to get any of agi/armor/threat to hands, or armor/dodge/agi/def to cloak; none of them are strictly better or worse than each other as long as you're choosing the right one for your situation.

I'm a bit boggled at all of the enchant scores for tanking warriors.

Legs are wonky. Losing 10 stam and 2 agi by going from Nethercleft to Cleftihde costs 4 points. Losing 30 stam and 10 agi by going from Clefthide to Heavy Knothide costs...one point? But then losing 2 stam going from Heavy Knothide to Knothide costs 4 points again.

Head has some issues, too. Presence of Might, which has 10 more defense rating and 15 shield block value over a Heavy Knothide kit (and which is the threat head enchant of choice for those warriors who can get it), has the same score as a Heavy Knothide kit.

Some minor stuff I noticed for tanking warriors: 24 AP to wrist is 1 point but 12 str is none, 12 agi to boots and Cat's Swiftness are zero points, and I can't see any weapon enchants besides Mongoose or Executioner because the bottom of the window cuts them off.

BTW, the display problem is also in Safari 3.1.1.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
That doesn't seem to be anything but a gut call on the enchants. +120 armor to cloak and Glove Reinforcements are the best EH enchants in the respective slots for warriors and paladins in fights which aren't mostly elemental damage. There are a lot of perfectly reasonable reasons to get any of agi/armor/threat to hands, or armor/dodge/agi/def to cloak; none of them are strictly better or worse than each other as long as you're choosing the right one for your situation.

I'll try to make something like "this enchant deserver better/worse score" buttons near every suggested enchant, so if lots of visitors agree on some, it will get better/worse rating.

Quote:
I'm a bit boggled at all of the enchant scores for tanking warriors.

Legs are wonky. Losing 10 stam and 2 agi by going from Nethercleft to Cleftihde costs 4 points. Losing 30 stam and 10 agi by going from Clefthide to Heavy Knothide costs...one point? But then losing 2 stam going from Heavy Knothide to Knothide costs 4 points again.

Head has some issues, too. Presence of Might, which has 10 more defense rating and 15 shield block value over a Heavy Knothide kit (and which is the threat head enchant of choice for those warriors who can get it), has the same score as a Heavy Knothide kit.

Well, 9 (soon 10) classes x 3 spec x ~300 enchants = lots of stuff to be rated properly :sorry:
I'll take a look tho.
I am curious about the 0 point value of +12 AGI to boots for a prot paladin. For a main tank it seems to be better/on par with the stam enchant. It adds a high amount of avoidance. Which not so much for other classes but as a prot paladin is a must.
Site Admin
Site Admin
should be more than 0 now :)
ty
Jump to :