view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hello, I've been playing WoW for almost 4 years now and have tanked on my paladin for most of that time. So I am fairly experienced. Anyway, I had a question about the Swordguard cloak enchant when it comes to tanks. When I check my gearscore it gives it a 0 rating out of 20. Which doesn't seem right. I'm a fairly casual player so I'd like to hear an argument why it isn't at least rated, an 18? I see it more worth it then the 250 armor. And even +22 Agility and +16 agility gets a higher rating. Which doesn't make much sense to me. On most pulls Swordguard (1000 AP) has about a 80-90% up time.

Anyway, just wanted to know what peoples thoughts were on the subject. I'm sure someone else has brought this up before. Either way I'm gonna stick with the Swordguard enchant. Just wondering why it's rated a 0/20 on the enchant scale gearscore wise.

Thanks,
Zandorf

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... f/advanced
Site Admin
Site Admin
1000 AP is really not that much important for a tank. Tanks get 10% hp as AP from Vengeance, which means you end up with 15-20k AP from it alone easily. A 1000 more or less should not make a difference. Even though 250 armor is not much, it's still the best mitigation enchant for tanks at the moment, and avoidance and mitigation are the most important things for tanks at this point, since threat hardly matters anymore.

We do admit however that it deserves more than 0 points, we probably overlooked it because there are not many plate wearers who have tailoring. Thanks for reporting this.
Thanks for the reply and solving the issue so fast! You make very good points.

- Zandorf
Jump to :