view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
You currently recommend Subtlety or Major Armor for holy paladins. Both are good for other healers, but neither is really a good choice for endgame holy paladins. Better choices for holy paladins are either +5/+7 to all resists or +15 shadow resist.

See this part of the EJ healadin thread for a recent discussion of why.
I have to agree with this. Also, +15 Arcane resist to cloak is a viable endgame enchant. There is no need to do subtlety on a holy spec PvE raider in Sunwell. If a healer pulls aggro, your tank is to blame. +15 AR, +15 SR are both better cloak enchants in Sunwell Plateau for healers. +10 rating imo.
bax
+15 shadow res cloak enchant is very good, I wouldnt be without it.
bax
Doesn't look like this forum is read by the page author.
Since both armor and subtlety are lousy enchants for a paladin healer.

Armor = +120: well we already got plenty (17.5k without devotion) and we ain't tanking. :banghead:

Subtlety = -2% threat: well we already got healing spells that generate less agro compared to priest (to avoid heal tanking). So take this enchant if you want to ensure that your raid priest healers gets agro before you! But of course this would allow you to get a few seconds more to move your mouse to cast DI on somebody random to avoid repair bill, since the raid are going to wipe for sure since you just ensured the priest to agro and die. :club:

Shadow = +15: Shadow spell are widely used by mobs and bosses in end BC instances. This enchant will give you a little higher chance to resist fear, so you can heal the MT (that isn't fear due to FW) while everybody runs around like decapitated chickens. :thumbsup:

Thats why shadow should be a +10 point enchant for paladin healers (as well as +7 to all resistances). So subtlety could yield a max +5.

Otherwise :good: site.
Site Admin
Site Admin

bax wrote:
Doesn't look like this forum is read by the page author.
Since both armor and subtlety are lousy enchants for a paladin healer.

Armor = +120: well we already got plenty (17.5k without devotion) and we ain't tanking. :banghead:

Subtlety = -2% threat: well we already got healing spells that generate less agro compared to priest (to avoid heal tanking). So take this enchant if you want to ensure that your raid priest healers gets agro before you! But of course this would allow you to get a few seconds more to move your mouse to cast DI on somebody random to avoid repair bill, since the raid are going to wipe for sure since you just ensured the priest to agro and die. :club:

Shadow = +15: Shadow spell are widely used by mobs and bosses in end BC instances. This enchant will give you a little higher chance to resist fear, so you can heal the MT (that isn't fear due to FW) while everybody runs around like decapitated chickens. :thumbsup:

Thats why shadow should be a +10 point enchant for paladin healers (as well as +7 to all resistances). So subtlety could yield a max +5.

Otherwise :good: site.

I do read all posts every day :P
The problem is, if you want me to focus only on enchants, all other stuff must go on hold - fixing bugs and implementing new stuff.
There are around:
300 viable enchants atm
x 9 classes
x 3 specs
x different values for different slots (it should not be the same score for, for example Heavy Knothide armor kit, on head and on legs

That means over 15.000 ratings should be balanced, and I'm honestly giving my best to do it as soon as possible. However, I do have a regular job, and I'm giving my all free time to this (free) project. So please, just have a little patience, I'll sort it all in the following month. Thanks for understanding :acute:
Btw, holy pala enchants are rated a bit differently now, feel free to take a look and /poke me if I need to change it :)
Jump to :