view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
While the fix was put in place to raise Arcanum of the Wildhammer/Dragonmaw from 0 points to 10, I can see no reason that it should not be the full 20. I cannot speak for all tanks, but prot Pallies gain a great deal more combat table coverage from Str/Mastery than a tiny bit of dodge, as is found on the other viable tank enchant.

While the choice may have been more clear cut in Tier 11 content, str now gives more parry rating than it used to, and mastery is being removed from many tank items, in favour of dodge and parry, thus making it more difficult to reach the 102.4% block cap.

Please reconsider the 10 points that you are shorting some of us!
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
Boosting it to 18 at the moment, thanks for tip

Alex wrote:
Boosting it to 18 at the moment, thanks for tip

Hi, I registered here specifically to post this comment, but, this is insufficient.

The STR/Mastery head enchant is vastly superior to the Stam/whatever one.

Progression minded tanks are only concerned with mitigation and CTC.

It should be the full 20 if not higher, the stam one should absolutely be lower.

Thanks for reading.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lets assume that a guy who has killed Sinestra 24 times, heroic Nefarian 23 times, and Ragnaros heroic twice so far, knows what he is doing, and he is still using "inferior" stamina enchant. So, at best, those 2 enchants can have max score, it's just a matter of deciding if Strength + mastery is equally good. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad enchant.

Alex wrote:
Lets assume that a guy who has killed Sinestra 24 times, heroic Nefarian 23 times, and Ragnaros heroic twice so far, knows what he is doing, and he is still using "inferior" stamina enchant. So, at best, those 2 enchants can have max score, it's just a matter of deciding if Strength + mastery is equally good. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad enchant.

That tank is using the dodge+stamina head enchant because he is in full 391 gear, and the mitigation he would receive from the strength+mastery enchant would be wasted, as he is already at the cap.

Tanks who are looking to maximize their survivability and combat table coverage while still progressing (read: not in all possible best in slot gear) receive a greater benefit from the strength + mastery enchant.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Raguel wrote:
That tank is using the dodge+stamina head enchant because he is in full 391 gear, and the mitigation he would receive from the strength+mastery enchant would be wasted, as he is already at the cap.

Tanks who are looking to maximize their survivability and combat table coverage while still progressing (read: not in all possible best in slot gear) receive a greater benefit from the strength + mastery enchant.

On July 30th, when I posted the above, he didn't had the best possible 391 gear.

Alex wrote:

Raguel wrote:

On July 30th, when I posted the above, he didn't had the best possible 391 gear.

Regardless, why are tanks being punished for choosing an enchant that provides more avoidance & mitigation? It's not possible to argue the numbers. As an endgame tank who keeps up with the latest EJ theorycrafting, I can cede that there are encounters in which extra HP is more valuable than damage reduction. However, any shield-wearing tank, and perhaps Death Knights as well, will garner more mitigation from the strength to parry conversion, and the added mastery, over a bit of dodge.

I simply don't see why, when the benefits to BOTH are clear, that one gives a perfect score, while the other is seen as inferior.
Jump to :