view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
What is your current thought on the use of hit rating for tanks? It seems problematic when I miss a mob to build Holy Power, and still more if its a hard hitting boss, and I miss the first Shield of the Righteous. I'm an engineer, and did follow the site's suggestion to use the Quickflip Defelction Plates, but the hit rating enchant I have is rated far less than mastery. For low hit rating tanks, is it still better to max out mastery?
Its dicey at first but once you got some vengeance going hit is completely unneeded for threat. Next patch you wont even need it for taunts.

Misdirect/TotT should cover the first if you have hunters/rogue and DPS just giving you a few seconds to build vengeance (i means its not like they are waiting for sunders) should solve those problems.

Mastery on the other hand is a tanking paladins BEST stat and helps with survival. No way should the hit rating chant come close to the same rating as mastery.

Vaydra wrote:
Its dicey at first but once you got some vengeance going hit is completely unneeded for threat. Next patch you wont even need it for taunts.

Misdirect/TotT should cover the first if you have hunters/rogue and DPS just giving you a few seconds to build vengeance (i means its not like they are waiting for sunders) should solve those problems.

Mastery on the other hand is a tanking paladins BEST stat and helps with survival. No way should the hit rating chant come close to the same rating as mastery.

This is mostly correct, although all taunts have a permanent 100% chance to hit, unless the target is immune. What you meant to say is that in 4.1, INTERRUPTS that are off the GCD have a 100% chance to hit.

Misdirect and Tricks of the Trade, along with the ability to taunt if necessary are all that any tank will ever need for threat. 0% hit and 0 expertise are required to tank, thanks to Vengeance.

Mastery is the top Prot Paladin stat until you reach Heroic Raids, where the incredible amounts of magic damage require stamina stacking with high end gear.
Jump to :