view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
In the recent patch some of the enchants have been reworked, and because of that the ratings should be changed to reflect the patch.

For instance as my main being a warlock: the top bracer enchant was spell power, but now superior healing gives more plus damage than the spell power enchant. Also another enchant that got a major reworking was surefooted(now +10 hit and crit), and as a caster dps class those two stats outweigh vitality and rival boar's speed.

Yet, each has a very low rating still (4 rating - healing & 0 rating - surefooted), while they should be at 10 reflecting the change.
Another example is for healers, Used to use Enchant Gloves - Major Healing, gives 19 spellpower now, so Enchant Gloves - Spellpower gives 20, therefore the Spellpower enchant is superior:-)
As is demonstrated on my char.

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us ... me=lumalux
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scoring system for enchants is changed ,please check your chars again and post if something is still wrong :)
Feral Druids can now use weapon enchants such as Executioner and Mongoose; they'll now proc while in any form.

It's currently showing as a 0 enchant, but it's now, by far, the best feral weapon enchant.

Thanks in advance.
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=33994# is now the best rogue glove enchant until hitcap. Yet it still shows as 0 points.
Quick question....I'm a prot pally and with the changes in our mechanics I put Enchant Weapon - Potency on my Blazefury since all the forums stress the order STR>AP>SP but the scoring system here gave me a 0 ? :shock:

I know that Blazefury wasn't a Prot Pally weapon of choice before the patch, since the patch there seems to be alot of support for Swords like King's Defender and The Sun Eater. I have the Defender and I am experimenting with that too, hope to get Eater to drop, but in the meanwhile I have Blazefury in my bank and have noticed much more damage from my HotR with it equipped compared to my Continuum Blade with Greater Spellpower that I was tanking with. Seems that the higher end damage on these weapons is very beneficial for my Hammer/Judgement spells and the STR bonus adds to Block damage from HS.

Am I missing something?
As Jetfighter hinted at, Prot Pallies got completely reworked in 3.0. Now, basically anything that was good for a warrior, is now perfectly good for a Prot Pally as well. Potency is now the Threat + Mitigation weapon enchant since the block value from Strength has been significantly increased. Strength to Gloves is now a viable enchant for Prot Pallies.

Also, using an actual tanking weapon is now perfectly acceptable. Prot Pallies can pretty much use any one handed weapon, and tailor the weapon for the situation. For a boss fight, use a tanking weapon (with Potency) for the extra tank stats. For 1-3 trash mobs, use a melee dps weapon (with Potency) for the best Hammer of the Righteous damage. For 4+ trash mobs, use a spell power weapon (with Potency) for the most out of Consecration. Now, I know what you’re thinking, “Spell Power weapon with a strength enchant?!? Are you high?!?” No, I’m not. Consecrate gets the exact same coefficient from spell power as it does from attack power. So that means with Kings (Increase all stats by 10%), and Divine Strength (Increase total strength by 15%), 20 strength actually has a higher benefit to Consecration than 40 spell power. If you just want one “do-it-all” weapon, go for the highest dps tank weapon you have available.

All of the key Prot Pally spells, except for Hammer of the Righteous (based off of weapon dps), and Shield of Righteousness (based off of block value, and attained at level 75), now get coefficients from spell power AND attack power. So since strength now gets so much more block value out of strength, it has become the most desirable threat stat as well. And since Strength has gains from Blessing of Kings and Divine Strength:

Strength > Attack Power > Spell Power

All in all the point I am trying to make, even though I know I tend to stray off on a tangent at times, is that some of the enchants and items should be looked at again and given new scores with the huge amount of changes to Prot Pallies.

All in all I think I am enjoying the new changes. My damage output has essentially doubled, and there is rarely anyone even close on threat. We traded a little bit of stamina, for some much needed mitigation and avoidance. And I run out of mana so much less than I used to, especially on content that I out-gear. In fact, I am having enough fun with it, I am going to level in Wrath as Prot. Yes, even with Ret being as good as it is now. My guildies seem to like the idea of instance grinding when quest areas are too bloated as well.

Wow, this post is way longer than I anticipated. I apologize for the tangents and rants! I just hope the numbers guy gets the idea of the new changes to Prot Pallies.

Here is a link to my Pally:

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Mannoroth&name=Protadin

Thanks!

- Sas
Jump to :