view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Biznicks 247x128 Accurascope is valued at 10 points on the character sheet
Heartseeker Scope is valued at 15 points

I realize the heartseeker comes from WotLK so it is newer, but the 30 hit has a much higher stat value than 40 crit. I don't know exactly what matters to assigning points for the values of enchants, but I think the Biznick is at least as valuable if not more than the new WotLK scopes.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hunters with 3/3 Focused Aim only need 163.95 hit rating (131.16 if you're draenei) from gear/enchants/gems to be capped, which is easily obtainable. So, while we do agree that hit is the most important stat (until you're capped), we think it might be better to put Heartseeker Scope
Putting points into focused aim hurts your dps by a lot. Also for hit with enchants that are not the bow, a hunter is trading agi for hit. Agi is the 2nd most important stat for a hunter, most important after they hit the hit cap. All gems that a hunter has to have hit to reach the cap is also at the cost of AGI.

If there was a 30 AGI scope I would agree with your rational of the hit cap, but trading hit for crit allow a hunter to not waste 30 agi they would have to either enchant their gloves/boots to get, or not socket an agi gem cause they needed to use a hit gem to reach the cap.

The only thing that is worse for dps than trading agi for hit (with the other enchant/gems) is trading talent points for hit.
Jump to :