1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1155&sid=66eb4d7bea0a940b009187047f74b798&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
this is a fully viable tanking enchant that deserves 15 points, what tank wouldnt want a 2k+ heal every time they drop below 35% (the crucial time when every heal counts!). it has no issues stacking to full 5 stacks, proccing on normal attacks without bleeds extremely frequently.

compared to blade ward which is a tiny amount of parry (an already garbage stat), this enchant deserves the same score.

heres a little more info about it:

Some things about this enchantment so far: it has a chance to proc no matter how much health you have as it will apply this buff for if and when you fall below 35% health. It also has a 20 second duration and with no internal cooldown (so far) it'll be very easy to keep this buff up at all times. The buff itself is in the physical school which means it cannot be dispelled.

One stack: 360 to 440 healing
Two Stacks: 720 to 880 healing
Three Stacks: 1080 to 1320 healing
Four Stacks: 1440 to 1760 healing
Five Stacks: 1800 to 2200 healing
I actually registered on this board to voice my agreement for this. (I was planning on posting it, but am now just going to support you.)

Tank enchant options suck. Blood Draining is easily as viable, if not more, than mongoose or blade ward. It's rather surprising it's given a "zero" rating. I mean, even if you think it's not optimal, wouldn't it at LEAST be a 12? Or so?

Kind of annoying. This enchant saved my life 4 times in Ulduar tonight.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Fixed.
boo @ only giving it 12 points
It is still only given a 12. I dont know when you have plans on making in a 15. Let me tell you WHY it should be 15.

Blade Ward:
Tank at full health. he has 100k threat above everyone els.
The buff proccs, you parry the next 10k hit. You get 13k overhealed. You are still a full health.
It inflicts 700 damage. You gain 1k aggro. That 1k you wont feel in your 100k above

Blade Ward:
Tank at full health. he has 100k threat abover everyone els.
The buff doesn't procc, you dont parry a 10k hit so you are down to 30k health. You get healed for 13k (3k overheal). Your are still at full health.

Blade Ward VS Blood Draining at 40% health:
You look at a boss that hits you for 9k-11k. You have Blade Ward. you are soo hoping for blade ward to drop but you dont decide when i proccs. you get hit for 10k and are down to 7k health. you get hit for 9k and healers didn't get a healer on you. you are dead and annoyed that your enchant didn't procc.

Same envirement as before. You have Blood Draining with 5 Stacks. You get hit by 10k and are down to 7k. you heal for 2k cus of you enchant. you get hit by 9k and have 135 health left. you get healed for 13k of all your healers at the same time. you are at full health and love your enchant.

Thats why you should choose blood draining.
the point is, by the time you are gonna drop to below 35% health, this enchant is already at 5 stacks. it takes 30 seconds tops for it to proc, the first stack coming on the first hit most of the time, even on ranged like heroic throw will proc it.

the point is that im not always at full health, but this enchant will keep me a lot closer to it than any other enchant, and thats worth it in my book over any percentage of a parry.
im still not seeing how the 15 score enchants

mongoose
potency (lol 20 str?)
exceptional agility (lol 26 agi?)
accuracy (25 hit 25 crit)
blade ward (occasional 200 parry)

i mean seriously.. 20str enchant gives 15 points to a tank but blood draining that gives a 2k heal only gives 12 points? you must be joking.
i registered for this forum just so i could voice my agreement to the OP. this is THE survival weapon enchant for a tank, especially in progression content. look at WWS after a night of raiding, and you can really see the value it provides; it's basically like having an extra 100-200 stam (depending on the fight). and it can crit :)

15 points - it's annoying seeing this as a 12.
20 Strength is the best threat enchant for a beginning Protection Paladin, though in Ulduar gear Accuracy passes it up. The bit of BV Potency provides makes it still competitive.

Exceptional Agility is comparable in survivability to Blade Ward, and may be somewhat superior. It's definitely better threat, too. Blade Ward is very lackluster for Paladins though I understand it's marginally better for Warriors.

Blood Draining is certainly worth 15 if Blade Warding is; recent theorycrafting has shown that it's far from worthless but difficult to put a number on. I seem to recall Ciderhelm prefers this enchant.

The big issue, in my opinion, is that Blade Ward is such a pathetic enchant but it is complicated enough that good players are taking it.

Please check maintankadin.com in the Gear forums for a proper analysis.
I also registered to say that Blood Draining should be 15 points. As others have pointed out, at the least there is legitimate disagreement over whether Blood Draining or Blade Warding is the superior tanking enchant. And, many in depth analyses (ex: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/4875 ... ining.html) of the two come to the conclusion that Blood Draining is superior, and most of the data that suggested Blade Warding would be useful were conducted on target dummies, and therefore neglected the importance of parries clearing all proc'd stats.
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1155&sid=66eb4d7bea0a940b009187047f74b798&start=10
Jump to :