view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
After comparing my gearscore (3007) to anothers gearscore (3032), my accumulated ilvl total is greater by 19 points, yet his gearscore is greater than mine by 25 points. I dont understand how that's possible when we're both equal in enchants. This has happened in the past where my accumulated ilvl will be superior but i'm still behind in gear score. I think in both cases the person i was comparing to was a Jewelcrafter and i am guessing that because Gems do play a role in your overall gearscore the dragons eye's are getting an unneccesary added effect when defining the overall gearscore. Since i have yet to find an official formula on how gearscore is created this is just a hunch that should possibly be looked into. I dont think it's fair Jewelcrafters should get bonus's just cause their profession bonus comes in the form of higher gem stats.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Compare tab can show you difference in item level, but that isn't gear score for requested item/items. However gem score is included in gear score, jewelcrafters don't have more benefits then others that use epic gems.
what else is taken into consideration besides enchants, gems and ilvl?
Site Admin
Site Admin
Overall score is influenced mostly by:
- gems (their quality and usable value)
- items (not item level, but value of stats on each item)
- enchants (their quality and usable value)

Milagros wrote:
Compare tab can show you difference in item level, but that isn't gear score for requested item/items. However gem score is included in gear score, jewelcrafters don't have more benefits then others that use epic gems.

So if JC's dont get more benefit then others that have regular epic gems, why do BS get bonus for adding an extra socket into bracers and gloves? Example, a BS adds a socket to bracers and gloves and equips a +20 Str gem in each. that would only be +40 Str. Now a JC equips 3 +34 Str gems into 3 sockets for a gain of 102 Str which would still give you +2 more Str then the BS that just added sockets.

Milagros wrote:
Overall score is influenced mostly by:
- gems (their quality and usable value)
- items (not item level, but value of stats on each item)
- enchants (their quality and usable value)

Seems like JC needs to get a higher score since the usable value of JC only gems is higher than normal ones. If this isn't the case currently, other professions with similar or lesser value (like BS) would raise your score while JC does not.
Jump to :