view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
This very could be intentional, but just asking to be sure.

After a rank has been achieved, it does not re evaluate the rank ever again, until you achieve another "better" rank on wol. ( not necessarily higher rank, but higher parse, rank itself could decrease, as explained next)

e.g. 4 weeks ago, an individual earns rank 6 on first boss HOF normal, but now, four weeks later, his ACTUAL rank on wol, which has not been improved upon since, is now nearing 190 - unranked.
Thus it is only displaying the rank achieved at the time of the wol parse, and is not updating.

Is this intentional? anyway to force an update?

This is also a nuisance for my own ranks, when i look for bosses that i need to improve upon, i may see 13 bosses below rank 10, but by now that may not be the case.

Thanks for your time
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
World of Logs ranks are always taken live at wow-heroes no meter if you look for a character "live" or "cashed".
We checked few ranked players after your report and it looks like everything works properly at wow-heroes.
Can you please tell us names of the characters that you looked ,with their server name and zone so we can check that too.
EU - Bronzebeard - Ferociouss
zone - realm - char name

Just one of many examples, it says i am ranked 6th feral on imperial vizier zor'lok 10m

but if you go into WOL itself and scan the ranked ferals on that fight 10m, i am infact now 40th, but wow heroes still displays 6.

The rank for grand emps is also off, and probs a few others as well
Tried to reply to my previous topic i had open, but that doesnt seem to get looked at / aproved.

Wow heroes is NOT taking WOL RANKS live, it lists the ranking info at the time the rank was achieved.

E.G. if you look at EU - Bronzebeard, Ferociouss ( yes my character)
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/ ... erociouss/
see wind lord 10 man heroic, says rank 6, this was the rank i achieved when the boss was killed.
HOWEVER, i am no longer rank 6, i am rank 8, and if you check on WOL:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/pla ... Cat_Druid/
Clearly shows i am 8th, not 6th
Yet Wow heroes, whether you tick live or do not tick live, the ranking stays at 6
The rankings are not being updated.
THIS IS NOT A ONE OFF
Nearly every single one of my ranks will be wrong, besides ones that i set very very recently, and THIS IS NOT JUST A BUG ON MY PAGE, many characters i have looked at show the same results.

Wow heroes displays the rank achieved upon killing the boss, and will not update the ranking info until a new ranking is achieved. It does not update that other people have beaten your rank

Thank you for reading
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
First of all, sorry for late reply. Since we do not cache worldoflogs ranks (we take fresh data from worldoflogs.com each time a character is requestsed in any way), we have contacted World of Logs regarding this issue and they have assured us that "the rank on the dashboard page is cached on their side, but that cache is update regularly. They're not sure yet why this entry was out of sync, but they will look into it."

As you can see, even worldoflogs is showing different ranks on dashboard page for that fight and on rankings page

This should be sorted soon hopefully and as soon as worldoflogs fixes it, it will automatically be updated on wow-heroes. If you notice any other rank problems like this one, please report it to worldoflogs, or to us and we'll forward it to them. Thanks.
Jump to :