view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
a 2 handed weapon enchant, and me not being a jewel crafter, makes 90 the best points i can get out of my enchanments, while a duel wielder can get 100 out of his enchants. would making a 2handed weapon enchanted worth double be a good idea?
just an observation, maybe there is a method behind how you have it set up.

love the site, keep it up.
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've thought about that, it's a tricky one I must admit. On one side, it's not fair that person who wields 1h will get 10 points less in enchant score, on the other side person who enchanted 2 weapons with mongoose and/or exec. should get some bonus for paying double fee. I'll have to think about it, thanks for info and support :)
The answer is simple really. For enchants that are specifically for a two-handed weapon, give more points. Make them worth 15-20 points. Those people that put one-handed enchants on two-handed weapons will have the lower points.
Actually, Exec/mongoose on 2H has a higher uptime then the same enchant on a 1H. Cause of the ppm system, slow 2H have a higher chance per hit to proc the enchant, but they hit slower, so on white dmg the ppm is the same. But then if you factor in instant strikes, a 2H instant which occurs about as often as a 1H instant, will also have inherit the higher chance per hit procchance. Also an offhand enchant will not proc from instants, apart from maybe mutilate and whirlwind, which both strike with offhand.

So it's ok to give 2H enchant the double score, cause currently you receive a small penalty (getting only 90 points instead of DW's 100) just because you wield a 2H.

Alex wrote:
I've thought about that, it's a tricky one I must admit. On one side, it's not fair that person who wields 1h will get 10 points less in enchant score, on the other side person who enchanted 2 weapons with mongoose and/or exec. should get some bonus for paying double fee. I'll have to think about it, thanks for info and support :)

Why reward people for paying more? that's stupid.

if an enchant performs better than another give it a higher rating, THAT's how simple it is.

If the 2hand user has executioner and it's weighted at 10. And the DW has potency or agility give those a 5 and count BOTH weapon slots enchants. Then both the 2hander and DW have the same points worth of enchants. If someone puts potency on a 2hander then boom 5points.

Tanks or weapon and shield classes are exceptions. Like 81healing being a 10 and 12intellect being 10 for a weight of 20. That mean they're better geared? no. The numbers are just reference this ain't a pissing contest.

I like using this tool to see where my guild is gear-wise even though it's not as harsh as be.imba.
Jump to :