1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=602&sid=88e0deb8c44478f803e720446afecf06&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hello all

this is my 1st post, and i have a good idea (i think)

Assumption: You're pugging a lot

Problem: The usual pug problem, you dont know what you get, is gear okay? do persons have experience? etc
Usually this is where you start doing armory checks, (or wow-heroes :P) and this becomes a real pain if its many people and even more if people are using weird characters in their names.

Solution:

There's 2 parts to this:
--Part1--

Build a addon for wow (i can help if needed) which basically creates a nice web-link (have a look at armory quicklink mod) which creates a link which can be copied onto the clipboard, then pasted into your favorite browser.
The link should include all players in your party/raid group.

The link could look something like this:
http://www.wow-heroes.com?zone=eu&serve ... r2,player3

--Part2--

Here's where wow-heroes does its magic and displays all those players, so that you can have a quick overview of what to expect.
In a single screen (something like guild screen) the following info would be extremely useful:
-what raids/instances have been done by each player (based on achievements)
-what build each player has (resto, nature, feral)
-wow-heroes rating
-how up-to-date the data for each player is

this info is already available to wow-heroes, so collecting it into a single table should be doable.

And PRESTO - you're well on your way of deciding whether or not to stick with the current group (getting saved to naxx with a bunch of losers is no fun), or if you're raidleader there's no need to call out on achievments!

Im very certain that this would be a big hit - i know i would love it and friends of mine as well
Again, this is purely for PUGs - Pure guild players know what they got so they wont be interested in this
And there is a LOT of pugging going on

Lets have some feedback on this idea!

[ Last edited by draied on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total. ]

after a week i see no feedback :confused:

am i the only one who wants to see the stats of players in my party/raid on a single screen?
Site Admin
Site Admin
we will see what we can do about this subject ,but atm i cant promise you anything.
WOW operates in what is called a sandbox. So no game data can be transmitted from the internet to WOW. Only way possible would be via injection with is against EULA and the TOS of blizzard. Usually injectors are bots such as glider. It is legally impossible to build a mod to send data from armory, wow-heroes, or any other kind of online database. The only legal way possible is to build your own data cache of players gear and have the mod be able to access the internet and update its cache, then once you exit and reload WOW it would reload the newly updated cache with fresh data. The only problem in this would be the monstrous size of your data cache which would slow WOW down to extreme measures.
Fragger505 he's not on about an addon that will work with wow-heroes OR the internet, he's on about possiblity of a page for GROUP LOOK which can be hotlinked, the hotlink would be created by an addon ingame that just puts a link in your pastebox that could possibly direct to a page called http://wow-heroes.com/group.php?z=eu&r= ... ame2,name3 and so on, clicking that link would direct you to a page to display the people listed like it does for the guild list, makin this page *updateable* could cause problems unless they impliment a queue system OR use only cached info until the actual charactor page is updated
This would be quite possible then, pretty much an easy mod to make if it just links to a URL page supported by a web browser.
Alright, I was thinking about this today and also think this would be a great idea. Since you say it would be against the ToS, which it maybe but not for good reason....Why not make this addon similiar to Atlas.
All items, enchants, gems, ect. could be listed in the programs coding and likewise would be given a gearscore value. This is something that could be easily updated as patches come out and would also not need to be hooked up to wow armory. The addon would allow you to use the games already implemented "inspect" option and allow you to see the gear score for each individual piece of gear they have as well as a score total somewhere in the window as well. I dont think that doing it this way would be against ToS and if it would be then Atlas should be as well lmao. Comments???

Veliaria wrote:
Alright, I was thinking about this today and also think this would be a great idea. Since you say it would be against the ToS, which it maybe but not for good reason....Why not make this addon similiar to Atlas.
All items, enchants, gems, ect. could be listed in the programs coding and likewise would be given a gearscore value. This is something that could be easily updated as patches come out and would also not need to be hooked up to wow armory. The addon would allow you to use the games already implemented "inspect" option and allow you to see the gear score for each individual piece of gear they have as well as a score total somewhere in the window as well. I dont think that doing it this way would be against ToS and if it would be then Atlas should be as well lmao. Comments???

not possible for 3 reasons
1. most importantly, i don't think its possible to use the inspect information in game. Im not sure the game client supports the needed function calls to be able to read gear from other people.
2. suppose it _is_ possible for a addon to read the inspect info, and the wow-heroes addon has been coded, you would still have to get within inspect reach of each player in your group/raid. The inspect range is ridiculously short so its not very practical
3. i'm fairly certain that it is not possible to access the armory from in-game. If it was then it would be great, but it isn't.

talonos wrote:
Fragger505 he's not on about an addon that will work with wow-heroes OR the internet, he's on about possiblity of a page for GROUP LOOK which can be hotlinked, the hotlink would be created by an addon ingame that just puts a link in your pastebox that could possibly direct to a page called http://wow-heroes.com/group.php?z=eu&r= ... ame2,name3 and so on, clicking that link would direct you to a page to display the people listed like it does for the guild list, makin this page *updateable* could cause problems unless they impliment a queue system OR use only cached info until the actual charactor page is updated

exactly

and creating the wow addon is ridiculously easy, i can make it myself
It sounds good, but I have one suggestion: Let the user choose whether to display the achievements or the number of boss kills of the statistics.

I may want to look for a group for the Heroic Oculus achievement "Make It Count", then I would want only players having completed one of the "Void" achievements to make sure they know how to handle at least one drake. Or I would like to find people for "The Undying". These people are required to have completed "The Fall of Naxxramas" and "The Safety Dance" (either in 10-man or 25-man).

But then I want to look for a group for 6 min Malygos. I would require the raid members to have killed Malygos in 10-man or 25-man at least 5 times and further require them to have a gear score above xy. Their achievements do not matter in this case.

Nalumis wrote:
It sounds good, but I have one suggestion: Let the user choose whether to display the achievements or the number of boss kills of the statistics.

I may want to look for a group for the Heroic Oculus achievement "Make It Count", then I would want only players having completed one of the "Void" achievements to make sure they know how to handle at least one drake. Or I would like to find people for "The Undying". These people are required to have completed "The Fall of Naxxramas" and "The Safety Dance" (either in 10-man or 25-man).

But then I want to look for a group for 6 min Malygos. I would require the raid members to have killed Malygos in 10-man or 25-man at least 5 times and further require them to have a gear score above xy. Their achievements do not matter in this case.

your totally missing the point here, the link would be to check gear score not achievements and to be honest quick access to something like your saying would spoil the game even more, i for one take who's good @ there class, achievements don't mean ANYTHING to me when makin a group. also if i feel like doing a pug somewhere i REFUSE to join groups that say "link achievement" because most of the time the guys that are saying that are either after easy gear or they want the achievement themselves, if this update is made possible by wow-heroes i'll be the first to vote "NO ACHIEVEMENTS"
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=602&sid=88e0deb8c44478f803e720446afecf06&start=10
Jump to :