Previous 1 . 2
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
When I am going to group with some people for the Undying, I know that people with the Heigan achievement can do the Heigan dance. Of course there are very few achievements that tell something about the playing knowledge of their class, but there are some. And when I look at completely random characters, I have no other way to see if he could be able to perform his job well, because good gear gets every idiot that joins a competent group (some gear of the later Ulduar bosses not included).

draied wrote:
not possible for 3 reasons
1. most importantly, i don't think its possible to use the inspect information in game. Im not sure the game client supports the needed function calls to be able to read gear from other people.

There is already an Addon that can inspect people and give gear scores. It just happens to suck, so I don't use it. But point number 2 is important.
Moy
There is the GearScore addon but that one only take care of the gear, no regards to gems or enchants which is BAAAD...

A fully gemmed and enchanted gearscore of 3700 is often better than a sadly gemmed and enchanted 4000. That way I would very much like to see the addon for calculating gearscore according to wow-heroes as a tooltip when i mousover a player, just like the gearscore addon.

Please make this happen! It would save on a few things! refresh-pag on wow-heroes when we try to get the new score after a gear change (would be instant ingame), a lot of time when making groups and last but not least a lot of irritation on wow-heroes when score does not come in (when its really armory's fault!)

Also, it would ofc make wow-heroes THE gearscore of wow, now imba.hu, gearscore and wow-heroes are competitors, the one who makes a complete package first will, after that, OWN the market (what that now gives in add-income and so on)

...ofc until blizzard realize they can make more money from it and make it a standard feature...

draied wrote:
--Part1--

Build a addon for wow (i can help if needed) which basically creates a nice web-link (have a look at armory quicklink mod) which creates a link which can be copied onto the clipboard, then pasted into your favorite browser.
The link should include all players in your party/raid group.

I know this is kind of digging up an old post, but WIM *wow instant messenger* has this feature added. You can open a whisper window, right click the top right button, and it will give you the option create a link for one of like 6 websites that you can then copy / paste into browser of choice. Use it for pugging all the time.

Evi1Monkey wrote:
I know this is kind of digging up an old post, but WIM *wow instant messenger* has this feature added. You can open a whisper window, right click the top right button, and it will give you the option create a link for one of like 6 websites that you can then copy / paste into browser of choice. Use it for pugging all the time.

Armory quicklink will also do that for youover here.
I've been using it for ages.

It supports links to:
-quickarmory
-pugchecker
-wow-heroes (DUH)
-Blizzards armory
-ArmoryLite
-BeImba
-WoW Armory light
-Warcrafter

Also works straight from within LFG window, which is good for checking them before inviting them
cheers ;)
Previous 1 . 2
Jump to :