view posts by this user Offline
Dun
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I was browsing through my guild's ranking and rating and noticed something interesting -

Because of the way the point system works for enchants, any character that has MORE enchants will always have a greater/larger aggregate score. This is not an issue for the standard armor slots, as all classes have the option and opportunity to enchant those slots.

However, there is a slight discrepancy for those classes that have two or more items in the weapon slots (dual weapons or weapon shield - I am not aware of enchants for any off hand items for casters) or have ranged weapons and hand weapons.

So basically, for equivalently geared (level, rarity, etc) characters, those characters wih more weapon/offhand/ranged items will have a higher enchant cap than those with a single weapon. For example:

Ret Paladin with 2H - 15 pts from enchants
Prot Warrior with weapon, shield - 30 pts
Hunter dual wield weapons, ranged - 45 pts

It seems you may want to normalize by dividing the total pts from enchants in the weapon slots by the number of weapon slots in use.

I am sure there are other options to address the discrepancy. There is one big assumption on my part - the general use of the ratings and points is to understand the 'overall' effectiveness versus who has more pieces.

Hope this is of help
Dun
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tbh we didn't expected that someone will compare hunters and healers for example. Different classes have different abilities that Blizzard gave them, if we penalize hunters by dividing their overall score for weapon enchants (and they cost a lot) all hunters will chase us then.
Only benefit that is visible atm is enchant ring, other professions will have boosted score in a few days (for example JC already have).

Milagros wrote:
Tbh we didn't expected that someone will compare hunters and healers for example. Different classes have different abilities that Blizzard gave them, if we penalize hunters by dividing their overall score for weapon enchants (and they cost a lot) all hunters will chase us then.
Only benefit that is visible atm is enchant ring, other professions will have boosted score in a few days (for example JC already have).

I can see how not counting hunter enchants on their offhand and guns would be unfair to them, but for a caster trying to be the top ranked player on their server, it is impossible with dual wielding classes getting an easy extra 15 points, and hunters getting an extra 30.

I am 10th on my server, but if I could enchant my offhand or offhand enchants didn't count I would be pushed to top 5.
I agree that if there's a guild and realm tab, the scoring for those tabs must be normalized across all classes to be accurate.

This has become more than just reviewing possible upgrades and enchants for your class. It's now a realm wide scoring system. As so, assuming players with best gear/gems/enchants are compared, their scores should be similar if it were to be fair.
This is true for enchanters whom can enchant their rings as well.

I am of the opinion that certain enchants and items should not be part of the overall score. If anything make them part of a secondary enchant / bonus score
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enchant scoring system will be changed in a few days ,so there will not be any class/ profession that will have more benefits .

Milagros wrote:
Enchant scoring system will be changed in a few days ,so there will not be any class/ profession that will have more benefits .

Any more details? Does this mean that it won't matter to your score if you are professionless?

Will other professions be brought up to be equal? Or will enchanting be brought down?

Seems kind of strange that As a JC and Blacksmith I get less points than an enchanter, when both of my professions provide more stats than enchanting would.
Site Admin
Site Admin
More info on topic in a few days .

Milagros wrote:
More info on topic in a few days .

Not sure what you guys had in mind, but I came up with a few ideas so I thought I'd share.

Gems and Enchants could be score by mean instead of sum.

Example for gems:.

Total Green Gems = a
Total Blue Gems = b
Total Epic Gems = c
Total Gem Slots = s
Gem Value = v

Gem Score = (av + bv + cv)/s

This same formula could be used for enchants :)

Just an idea.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Very nice idea Dynn, we already made very similar formula, we just didn't had time to implement it yet .
Jump to :