view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hi,

I want to report a little issue with profession specific advantages.

The website seems to account for ring enchants, and grants extra points for them.
it doesn't seem to account for most other profession specific advantages even though all of them are roughly similar in power.

So I think either none should be accounted for or all of them. Preferably all of them cause they do matter ^^.

edit: example:

ring enchant is 15 points each.

so
- BS socket should also be 15 points each (similar in value)
- JC gems should be 10 points each (3 gems vs 2 slots)
- max level mining 30 points for tanks
- max level leatherworking 30 points for dps and some healers
but you shouldn't make all tanks go mining since herbalism is still a good profession and you get the lifebloom from it which helps keep you up just that little bit of time tell the healer can get off that heal. So making it where all tanks are miners is not right.
Bonuses are far from equal. Saying that the 500 HP you get from mining is worth the same 30 points as the 48 stam you get from ring enchants (roughly 480 hp) is passable (even tho straight HP doesnt scale with talents/knigs), but that the 25 crit from skinning is equal to the additional 33 crit you get from Smooth Dragon's Eyes vs Smooth Autumn's Glows, is just silly. This isnt even taking into account things like: Dragon's Eyes fit ANY slot for socket bonuses.

Gathering bonuses are supposed a kindof "hey cool, I got a little bonus as well as being able to make money/fund a crafting proffesion" they for the most part aren't equivalent to the bonuses you get from crafting. Which is as it should be, gathering is free to level, often netting income during the leveling process, and can often be leveled while questing. Crafting proffessions for the most part cost a large amount of gold or resources to level, net little to no return until very high level, and most often can only be leveled in a town, as such, they deserve better bonuses.

So in the end, I'm not saying disclude gathering bonuses if you end up giving points for these things, but in no way would they be worth 30 points.
The way I would compensate for profession specific advantages is to completely change the way that enchants are counted. Instead of adding to the gear value enchants should be subtracting from the gear value if they are not what is scored 15 for now. This can also be done to gems and to having extra sockets for blacksmiths and to eternal belt buckles. This would also compensate properly for the classes that can dual wield or use ranged weapons with scopes. Leather workers should be penalized if they are not embossing their bracers vice using enchants etc.... I think this system would make everyone happier because it will be a much more even view of the persons gear and not give certain classes or professions an advantage if it was implemented properly. I would also count a 2 handed weapon as being in both weapon slots to compensate for that problem.

Knorr

DeliaBH wrote:
Bonuses are far from equal. Saying that the 500 HP you get from mining is worth the same 30 points as the 48 stam you get from ring enchants (roughly 480 hp) is passable (even tho straight HP doesnt scale with talents/knigs), but that the 25 crit from skinning is equal to the additional 33 crit you get from Smooth Dragon's Eyes vs Smooth Autumn's Glows, is just silly. This isnt even taking into account things like: Dragon's Eyes fit ANY slot for socket bonuses.

Gathering bonuses are supposed a kindof "hey cool, I got a little bonus as well as being able to make money/fund a crafting proffesion" they for the most part aren't equivalent to the bonuses you get from crafting. Which is as it should be, gathering is free to level, often netting income during the leveling process, and can often be leveled while questing. Crafting proffessions for the most part cost a large amount of gold or resources to level, net little to no return until very high level, and most often can only be leveled in a town, as such, they deserve better bonuses.

So in the end, I'm not saying disclude gathering bonuses if you end up giving points for these things, but in no way would they be worth 30 points.

They are close enough in the context of this website, everything is already a pretty rough estimation (cause it's just based on ilevel etc.), like my trinket being only ilevel 200 but still the best ingame. Many similar examples can be given. And in the context of this estimation awarding similar points for skinning and BS is pretty acceptable.

But that's even beside the issue. I'm just making a point of the fact that only enchanters are getting awarded 30 points and other professions nothing. the give everyone 30 points for their profession is basically a suggestion for a quick "good enough" bandaid fix.
I agree.

JC > enchanting = leatherworking = smithing = inscription = mining (for tanks - it's 50 stam now) ~= skinning (32 crit in 3.0.8) > herbalism (sorry a little HoT on a 3m CD is only a minor convenience to a gathering prof, not a real stat boost).

That enchanters are getting a 30 point boost just ain't right!

My suggestion is give 20 points for a Fur Lining or Inscription shoulder enchant (in addition to standard enchant score), 10 for a ring enchant, 10 for a Blacksmith socket (with an appropriate gem in it), +7 for a epic JC gem.

+20 for a protection spec tank with 450 mining (may be hard to determine in the case of DK/Drood whether it's a DPS toon with a 'selfish' gathering prof or a tank buffing their effective health, +15 for 450 Skinning.

Also, casters really shouldn't be penalized for not having 2 weapon enchant slots (even though dual-wielding berserker IS more costly and a bigger DPS increase than enchanting your staff).

But whatevah. Dig the site.
I like that idea. For example engineering hand gun is priceless for warrior tank. There is no enchant for the gloves that would come even close in the ablillity to make long range pulls. Some argued that extra threat is better but in my experience if the tank is able to quickly do a 1 k damage to unexpected or incomming add (for example shades in Naxx) it is more valuable then extra threat. Blizz did kill the rocket boots with the last patch though. Only 2 sec speed boost is such a bs, a regular lvl 70 armor kit from lw is even better then self castable enchant for 400+ profession skill.

Question is, how do you rank explosives? They are extremely usefull but aren't shown in gear ranking in any way. Can I get 15 points for gear enchant from using those? :clapping:
Jump to :