view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but as it it now, +healing enchants give 0 points to dps'ers. Now ofc it isn't the best enchant to have as a dps'er, but as occasional off-healing/pvp-ing dps hybrid class its really worth it and still of good value in dps.

For example, the +healing enchant on weapon, substitutes only 13 spell damage for 41 healing. So you go from 40 spell damage to 27 spell damage, while going from 40 healing to 81 healing. 27 spell damage is still worth a bunch for dps so the enchant does have some value for dps specs, while currently it gets 0 points as an enchant. Same goes for bracers, where you substitute 5 spell damage (from 15 to 10 with the +healing enchant) for +15 extra healing. (only on hands the difference isn't worth it, substituting 8 spell damage for only 15 healing)

So wondering what your thoughs are on this and if it would be possible to assign some value to +healing enchants for dps on hybrid classes, since they do give some spell damage worth it as well.

Cheers
Why as PvE DPS... are you healing? The way I see it is, yes you'd be more versatile, BUT you'd also gimp yourself. Each enchant at a time is less DPS you have. You don't see warlocks or mages putting on +healing for better bandaids... your job should be to DPS. If you need to heal anyone it should be yourself. And even then, you'll have ~900+ spell dmg so ~900 +healing. I don't see why you'd want to have 1000 +healing but only 825 + spell dmg (just guessing the difference).
You're missing the point. Ofcourse its gimping your dps. (even though I have np at all keeping on top of damage meters despite people outgearing me pve-wise)

The point is, its way better then having no enchant.. Which is the value it gets now.

(atm I miss a mere 31 spell damage at the gain of 85 healing, diff isn't that big but its there, I got 997 spell damage instead of 1032 and 1117 healing instead of 1032)
Well i would say there is an issue about spell damage enchants counting for 0 for healers.

As an enchanter i cant make +20 healing on ring yet BUT i can make +12 damage and healing which counts for nothing. Since it gives 60% of the healing one it should give something like 6 points instead of 0.

Just to make it more accurate.
Jump to :