view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
(Completely unrelated, but the smilies on the left of the "Post a new topic" page area are really annoying)

A few possible solutions for the wowarmory.com lockouts problem:

A client-side javascript XML request for your character data, then submitting that to wow-heroes.com for parsing might work. Cross-site scripting might be a problem though, I'm not exactly sure how the security works there.

A stopgap ability for a user to paste the character xml into a textarea for submission. Directions for Firefox users to view their Armory page and copy the source. Possibly load the armory page in an iframe and have javascript grab the source? That might be a cross-site scripting problem too.

However, probably the best solution is to have an agreement with Blizzard to whitelist your IP.

Love your site, keep it up!
view posts by this user Offline
A less technical solution could be to use a copy/paste option like be.imba used.
Just view source on the armory page and past it in - You probably don't wanna cache that data, but it's a cheap and easy way to get past the armory lockout.

Also: the feedback you give users from the front page is very limited. I've tried this site a number of times, but have never gotten anything but that spinning wheel and disabled search button. I've tried all my browsers (IE8, Opera, Chrome, Shiretoko (firefox), Safari) but they all behave the same.
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
nice suggestions, we'll take a look. :)
Jump to :