view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
More and more people are adding obscure letters to their name with tildes and accents over particular characters. Unfortunately, most of us live in countries that don't mass produce such characters on their keyboard. Rather than having to research their guild to find them, or research the ALT+ char key combination (or even find a place to copy and paste it from), I think it would be awesome if a small character map dropdown box was added. Simply something next to the search field with the most commonly used or even all of the possibilities for the more unique characters allowed in WoW.

This would alleviate a lot of time trying to look up people, specially with my original friends who cannot create a unique name ;p
Site Admin
Site Admin
There is too many cached characters in wow-heroes data base and hard to classify people with special letters. Easiest search would be search for guild where they are and just simple click on their name will open then in character tab.
Wondering if there was a misunderstanding. I meant character as in a letter, not as in an the thing you bring to fail pugs and sit in Dalaran with half the time :P. I wouldn't ever expect to be able to select from a list of people's in-game character names. A small list with letters such as á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ that will simply paste themselves into the search field when clicked.

If you did understand completely then I apologize and keep up what is already awesome work :)
ill take a box to the side of the page with a txt form of those letters I know ppl with nothing BUT funny letters in the name...
Jump to :