view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hi,

Opening http://xml.wow-heroes.com/xml-guild.php?z=eu&r=aerie%20peak&g=core, retrieves (just first lines for example sake):
Code: Select all
<wow-heroes>
  <guild>
    <character name="Korangar" raceId="6" genderId="0" classId="1" level="80" talents="12-5-54" specId="3" specName="Protection" guildRank="6" score="2903" date="2009-10-25 12:56:14" suggest="Trial of the Crusader 25"/>
    <character name="Uryzeos" raceId="6" genderId="0" classId="6" level="80" talents="51-0-20" specId="28" specName="Blood" guildRank="6" score="2896" date="2009-10-29 02:30:35" suggest="Trial of the Crusader 25"/>

My question 1:
How can I retrieve the 2nd spec info (2ndSpecTalents, 2nSpecName, 2ndSpecScore, and 2ndSpecSuggest) ? Above XML only retrieves 1st spec info.

Since the info is available on wow-heroes.com html site, i guess it's available on xml.

My question 2:
How - mostly of the times - wow-heroes.com does not have 2nd spec info ? When does wow-heroes.com synchronizes with armory and what information does your bots gather for each character ?

Super tanks
Zen
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin

Quote:
My question 1:
How can I retrieve the 2nd spec info (2ndSpecTalents, 2nSpecName, 2ndSpecScore, and 2ndSpecSuggest) ? Above XML only retrieves 1st spec info.

Since the info is available on wow-heroes.com html site, i guess it's available on xml.

At the moment, we display only higher scored spec. This might change soon, but we can't promise it yet.

Quote:
My question 2:
How - mostly of the times - wow-heroes.com does not have 2nd spec info ? When does wow-heroes.com synchronizes with armory and what information does your bots gather for each character ?

People rarely log out in off-spec. Also there are currently 7.436.590 level 70-80 characters in WoW-Heroes database, so it does take a while to update all of them, and in the meantime player can login back and change to main spec again.
If you want your character to be saved in off-spec, logout in it, check if Armory is updated and search for your character on WoW-Heroes with "live" option checked.
1. Tanks for the how/when wow-heroes vs armory sync works :good:
1.1. So it means, Armory doesn't have everything ? I mean, from your reply, it seems that players must logout specificaly for Armory to get the info ? I tought Armory would have access to all players information always.. with some delay maybe but all the info.

2. My interest was simply to see your current: http://xml.wow-heroes.com/xml-guild.php script to also bring the 2nd spec info (since your wow-heroes is already showing it when you got both the specs in your local database).

Thanks,
Zen
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
1. Thanks :)
1.1 You are right, armory doesn't have all information available all the time, so we have to take gear for both specs separately. But once it's done, wow-heroes offers more info then armory.
2. This could be implemented very soon.
Ok keep up the good work then :good:
Hi guy,

First post, but : Again, thanks for your work !

I come back for the dual spec into the webservice. An idea about delivery ?
I suppose that with the last ingame update, you may have some priority job :banghead: but i hope for this functionality for my chrismas gift :jester:

Good day from France (with bad spell and froggy accent ;) )
Jump to :