view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Just a though, but with today's emblem system, and relatively casual instance design. It doesn't make sense to really score just gear anymore. You guys are displaying Achievements somewhat accurately. Wouldn't it make sense to have an achievement score? This could be it's own score, would give a general idea of what the user has accomplished, and the scoring could be relative to the difficulty of the achievement, and could degrade over time. For example, wotlk release Obsidian Sanctum w/ 3 Drakes would score 100, and today's Obsidian Sanctum 3 Drake would be 50, since the difficulty has decreased significantly. I for one, use wow-heroes for checking pugs, and keeping track of my own progress. Gear just isn't any sort of skill measurement anymore. This system could be even more robust, but I figured I'd throw out an idea baseline to start.
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I must agree with you, this idea is very good and scoring isn't that hard to implement since that is similar to a system that we already use for guild scores on realm page.
Jump to :