view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
When players look up their info pre-level 80, they are directed to instances that offer suitable challenges and gear.

Now that my second toon is 80, I'm being directed not to Heroics but instead to Naxx, and was even before I used the AH to gear up a little. Although I may just be able to pull my weight in Nax10 now, when I dinged 80 I certainly could not have.

Any chance that you could assign a recommended gear level to each WotLK Heroic and add it to the list? I'd like to know if, for instance, my gear and that of guildies is good enough for the tougher heroics like H HoL and H Occ.
Site Admin
view posts by this user Online
Site Admin
In WotlK almost all heroics are too easy compared with ones in TBC. When you reach level 80 if you have good group (skilled players) you can finish any heroic you want even with quest rewards.
Whilst I'd agree with that on some of them (say H UK), in my experience some of them (H HoL, H Occ, H AN) require more gear than OS10 or even OS25 as well as requiring more skill. H OK also has a DPS gear check at one point, albeit a pretty lenient one (that boss that hard enrages if you can't do ~4800 group DPS to a particular add)

I've also found several PUG groups will refuse to take characters without the [Superior] achievement even in groups for the easy heroics.
I also would like to see Heroics on the list, at least until the gear is higher up. That way people know what heroics they need to focus on before they are able to hit Naxx. Our guild just had a wave of 80's (5 of them in one week) and their gear is way too low for Naxx. Showing what heroics they are geared for before these other raids would be a good idea.

Also some 5 man heroics are tougher than some 10 man raids, shouldn't those be included in the list too?
Take them to reg ToC, farm it. Afterwards, they will have the gear for most any heroic, assuming they can get a half decent weapon from anywhere (You know, like from a blacksmith?). I don't think I've ever had a case where I couldn't complete a heroic because of it being too difficult. Ever. Even in groups where me tanking put me at #1 for dps and damage, on every fight, with 1100 dps. Heroics just aren't difficult enough to warrant it.
Jump to :