Previous 1 ... 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 ... 12 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1772&sid=22e7840f6f1ebb98f9eff4afac8288d5&start=60
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply

grokknar wrote:
Looking into the issue suggests that cross domain protections are causing the issue and that Safari is probably behaving incorrectly.

That is exactly where JSONP comes into play.. I suggest you take a look at WowPhpToolsWebService (it has nothing to do with php.. as its aimed at javascript).

crushzilla wrote:
WowPhpTools
http://github.com/christiaan/WowPhpTools
This project aims at bringing a standard to fetch data from the Armory and Wow-heroes.com using PHP. For now there are just two methods implemented, one to fetch data specific for one character and one for fetching a full guildroster (for wow-heroes just the guildroster part).
It should be fairly easy to extend it to support the other features the Armory offers.

Hello,

Excuse my English, I'm a French user :)
I'm searching for a solution to display character wow-heroes gear score on our raid manager. This score would be displayed juste after character name, like this : Tchac (3065).

It seems that WowPhpTools should contain the methods taht will help me to do that... But I'm completly new to Php5. Could you, please, give me a PHP file code example using this class to get a character data ?
For example, one could get data for :
- zone : europe
- realm : kirin tor
- guild : freres de guerre
- character : tchac

I'm familiar with "old" PHP4 and I can manage to parse an XML block of data. I simply need some help to get such data :-)

Thanks for your help !
Code: Select all
<?PHP

require_once 'Wowheroes.php';

$whmanager = new WowPhpTools_Wowheroes;

echo "getGuildRosterUrl : <br>".$whmanager->getGuildRosterUrl("kirin tor", "Freres de Guerre") ;
echo "<br><br>";

$xmlOutput = $whmanager->getGuild("kirin tor", "Freres de Guerre");
foreach ($xmlOutput->guild as $guild) {
  foreach ($guild->character as $character ) {
    print "character  : {$character['name']} ({$character['score']})<br />\n";
  }
}

?>

This sample code would produce something like that :

Quote:
getGuildRosterUrl :
http://xml.wow-heroes.com/xml-guild.php ... +De+Guerre

character : Chaldan (3163)
character : Zarlo (3156)
character : Crabok (3138)
character : Jesterian (3118)
character : Asaxis (3111)
character : Elhyanna (3111)
character : Vardeck (3090)
character : Malhia (3086)
character : Blackwing (3068)
character : Lamassu (3058)
character : Allandil (3056)
character : Tchac (3053)
character : Missah (3049)
character : Riana (3049)
character : Orcelias (3033)
character : Sylphilis (3032)

So I can get the gear score for each character of the guild.
Such solution is pretty good : I've just to parse it and store it in my database. I would prefer to get directly a character gear score rather that parsing all my guild characters, but it is better than nothing... Thanks ;)
Great, with this I can finnish my raidplanning software, thanks alot WoW-Heroes
Hmm, I will need to create an armoryintegration aswell.

Since the XML data I get back will not allow me to see individual placed talents, and my software catagorizes members as (meleeDPS, rangeDPS, healers, tanks)

And since feral druids can be both melee DPS and tanks this will cause a problem for the integration :/

I need to look at each inbdevidul talent tree to solve this matter, and based on what talents they placed I can determen their role :D

Xiro wrote:
It appears that the service is currently down. Also, just curious, but I've written a Joomla Component to grab, cache, and display the guild roster using the information wow-heroes. Would anyone else be interested in something like this?

I am.

If you have this done and ready, it would save me a lot of hassle.

thanks in advance (i fear i might be a little late ;))
Is there any opportunity to have the date a character is first recognised as being a member of the guild to be recorded and pushed out via this export????

It would help to identify which members joined and on what day for attendence and obviously new players joining the guild.
Hi there,

i'm thinking about creating qomething for joomla / phpraider: a component would fetch the content of the guild roster once a day and then use it to display in phpraider / joomla as additional information.

the issue i have right now is that i can't seem to get the url working properly with my guildname (there are special chars).

Øgma Tuatha does return result (as opposed to "wrong guild" when you input garbage), but these people returned, they are not from my guild :)

thanks to shed some light on this

edit :
http://wow-heroes.com/get_guild_list.ph ... mp=1231654
works fine.
http://xml.wow-heroes.com/xml-guild.php ... gma+Tuatha
doesn't work, and i get no luck using %20 instead of "+" for spaces
edit2:
i'm copying this post in the bug section.
edit3: bug is fixed. thanks Alex

rayFX wrote:

rayFX wrote:

Milagros wrote:
There is no such option available at the moment (for only 1 character). If you just need basic character info, you can fetch it directly from Armory.

Would be great if there is such an option...
Basic char infos is available from Armory for sure, but if someone is interested just for the score of one char... ;)

*push up*

I can't believe that I am the only with this feature request.
And as a web developer I can't believe that this feature request is too difficult to realize... ;)

I second this request. On pugplug.com GS update request is manual, and at the moment I'm going through straight http request, very bandwidth inefficient, especially that I only need total GS (for each spec).

You guys are good at what you do (that is GS calculation) - and my users love the link back to your site if they do need more information, such as detailed gear view.

As far as my needs go I only need:
Code: Select all
[ { specType (main/off), specName, GS } ]

once again, I think it's only fair if user have to go to your site to see the details on the gear.

The only reason I want to see both specType and specName - because I have seen a mismatch between what w-h calls main, and what is actually main on the toon (in-game).

If this can be fixed (weather you call it a bug, or missing feature) - then I only need [ {specType,GS}] - for all available specs.

Milagros wrote:
There is no such option available at the moment (for only 1 character). If you just need basic character info, you can fetch it directly from Armory.

(the question was about getting single character info, not whole guild info).

Armory doesn't give you GS information, which is what wow-heroes is best at. Is there any plans to add API to retrieve that information (main-spec GS, off-spec GS) for a single character?
Previous 1 ... 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 ... 12 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1772&sid=22e7840f6f1ebb98f9eff4afac8288d5&start=60
Jump to :