•  Topic the scores
  •   |  Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:27 pm 
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I'm really not trying to bust your chops alex, I think what your doing is great, but the scores are what people are going by and they are not a good standard for pve players. I went over all my 70's very closely and i can't agree with the scores based on what I found. They would be extremely accurate if we were just talking pvp, but not at all accurate for pve. I would really like to see some scores based on pve instead of the pvp ratings.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Please post few character examples for which scores you don't agree :)
Alex, I have a comparison for you. Kargath realm, US server. Toons "oldlockwam" and "leorand". This is related to my post in another thread, about how you calculate gear scores: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=93&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

If you put in the two gear sets in both the Warlock DPS spreadsheet by Leulier, and RAWR, you'll find oldlockwam's gear selection comes out superior (by about 55dps too, it's not trivial). However on wow-heroes leorand has a higher score. It looks like the chest & headpiece of oldlockwam account for the majority of the score difference on wow-heroes. In game the chaotic skyfire diamond and the T4 2-set bonus is *huge* (it clearly outstrips the ilvl difference).
Site Admin
Site Admin
As far as i can see both have the same score 872 :)
At first difference was that u missed a enchant on bracers(its +10 points for your score).
I hope i helped u a bit :)
Well i just posted another forum before reading this one but it was in the same concern.

If you go to (US) Server Windrunner and Compare my Hunter with a friends hunter you can see what I am talking about. The names to compare are AcesWild and Biggies. I have some Pvp gear i raid in I.E. Helmet and Axe which is considered to be some of the Best PvP raiding gear. however you will notice my gear is WAY better for PVE than his is...but he is very close to my score and was more than till last night. Read my post to find out more of what I think about it.

In some cases the PVP gear is better than 95% of the gear you will find in heroics - raids and should have a higher rating I.E. helmets, belts, rings, necklaces, and such should keep a remotely higher score given the lack of rarity are much harder to obtain. However, most other pieces should not. There should at least be a nice difference in score between a LOT of the PVP an PVE gear.

Some examples are:
T4 shoulders are -16 to his pvp
Badge Vendor (Equivelant T6) Chest -5 to his Pvp
Badge Vendor (Equivelant T6) Pants -18 to his Pvp

Again, check out my Post and compare the two character names I mentioned.

Alex, I also don't mean to seem like I am unappreciated of your site or stepping on your toes because this site is AMAZING and i NEVER could have done it...but I see a few things that could make it better than it already is. If I can help you in any way or maybe work with you on scoring the gear I would absolutly pick your brain a bit.

Thanks for the AWESOME site!

AcesWild

P.S. If you got any questions for me that I could answer shoot me a forum reply or a email on this site and i will give you better email contact info for myself.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Aceswild ,when i checked your gear with Biggies i saw your problem .Its not a wow-heroes mistake tbh ,u are missing:
-2 enchants ,
-3 are low lvl enchants and
-missing meta gem :S
If u check just gear score u will see that u have 609 gear score and Biggies 571 ( he already got penalty for resiliance).
But as u can see he have all the best possible enchants in the game ,8 epic and 2 rare gems (meta gem is one of them) and 1 low quality gem.
Improve that and you will be in the top shape :)
How about my legs? They are without a doubt better than Biggies, w/ the best enchant possible. However they are still -18 compared to his Legs?

Exactly wht is the point scale on the enchants? If it says your enchant is a 10....is that 10 points extra added onto you score or is it even more than that?

I understand what you are saying Milagros, but such as the leggings, it still seems a little off?

If this is rating based for PVE it seems to me that my leggings should have a pretty good noticable difference to the Brutal (PVP) Legs? Along with all this my leggings have 2 socket's.

His Edge boots are leather drop from kara. Although they have desent buffs, I have ZA Timed quest boots Shadowhunter's Treads and there is not a very big difference. Seems like you shoud get knocked points for not having mail secific boots. I do understand that what I am asking on this one would probably invole more work and headache that I don't have to do....but just throwing that out there. lol

Anyway, can someone break down how the score's are obtained? I am not seeing it all correctly I dont think? Obvisouly, there has to be some Multiplcation and Division going on here because if you just added up all the points your looking at a WAY BIGGER overall score?

Now depending on the class...but not overall that much.....and the raid you are going to. I dont care what a site might score someone or show them ready for instance wise. Someone in full PVP gear is not near as ready as someone in PVE epics from Kara/ZA/Heroics/Badge gear......wouldnt you agree?

Ace
Jump to :