view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I see there is a "live update" check box for single characters, can you please do the same for the guild list tab also.... would be nicer than going through everyones name under the character list and updating it that way then refreshing the guild list.

can i beg?

Arganon
Im not 100% on this, but from my understanding when you search a guild, only the 'cached' members showed up. So if you want to see a whole guild or just add a few more members to the list you could query them yourself for a live update. I would imagine it would be way to much work to just queary the armory for a whole guild (some guilds have over 300 peope) plus have to do a gear score, and a spec for them. So if you want someone special to show up, try searching them.

Correct me if im wrong.
But why cant the query be a live update on each person, like when you live update each person when you look them up individually?
He said why, it is a lengthy and intensive to make than many requests to the armory.
if you have a broadband connection , it wouldnt take that long.... and if it did, then put a warning that it may take a few minutes, its better than going through each name and updating each single one.
It is a large process for WoW Heroes, not you the user.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Like Gryphon said, it requires a lot of resources and server power to update guilds in real time, not to mention that if too many queries are sent from one IP address in a short time, Armory (especially US) likes to ban that IP address (even IP ranges) for 12 hours and then no one can get any new live update for that period of time. However, I'll do my best to enable live updates very soon. Stay tuned :)
Jump to :