•  Topic Imba?
  •   |  Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:58 pm 
Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
  • 2.  Re: Imba?  » Thu May 07, 2009 9:29 pm
    Reply with quote Post a reply
We're really satisfied how wow-heroes is growing. Milagros and I were using be.imba 1 year ago, but we needed to open several websites in addition to be.imba in order to get all the data we wanted on one place. We also didn't like 20+ minutes queues for one character on be.imba, or guild reports for only 40 characters which we also had to wait for too long, so we attempted to make our own version, mainly for our needs. As it turned out, thousands of people liked it, they posted very nice comments and we had to repay with new features, faster webserver and some tech support.

With all due respect to be.imba, here's a comparison chart of wow-heroes and be.imba. Visitors decide which website suits their needs better.
Note: the more traffic website receives, the lower it's rank is. For example, Google has traffic rank "1".

Thanks for pointing this out tho :)
  • 3.  Re: Imba?  » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:00 am
Just would like to point out some things if I may. True its like comparing apples to oranges. However, be imba's accuracy for variances in class specs is better in some regards. Given that Wow heroes makes no attempt to mitigate the stat base of certain specs which use pets. Such as demonology (warlock) and beast master (hunter). It only accounts for the users base stats excluding their pets. When these specs share a duality with their given pet. Which affect their given stats. Thus the data from one spec and class to another can be grossly flawed. I would love to see wow heroes grow to actually encompassing all classes and specs properly. As it stands the stat base for such specs is inaccurate. As in why would a beast master go into Naxx without their pet. In the same that a demonology would go without their felguard. This does need a fix.
Site Admin
Site Admin
  • 4.  Re: Imba?  » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:49 am

Quote:
However, be imba's accuracy for variances in class specs is better in some regards. Given that Wow heroes makes no attempt to mitigate the stat base of certain specs which use pets. Such as demonology (warlock) and beast master (hunter). It only accounts for the users base stats excluding their pets.

Can you please be more precise where you can see stats with your pet at be.imba , because i don't see that :
direct be.imba link for demonology warlock from your server
  • 5.  Re: Imba?  » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:14 am

Milagros wrote:

Quote:
However, be imba's accuracy for variances in class specs is better in some regards. Given that Wow heroes makes no attempt to mitigate the stat base of certain specs which use pets. Such as demonology (warlock) and beast master (hunter). It only accounts for the users base stats excluding their pets.

Can you please be more precise where you can see stats with your pet at be.imba , because i don't see that :
direct be.imba link for demonology warlock from your server
It does actually by mitigation of specs. For example my sp on my lock is 2400 unbuffed with my felguard (active). Her name is Firethorne on Blade's Edge (US). Demonology spec. Compared to other lock specs without accounting for her pet makes her look far weaker than what she is. Not saying she can 1 person Heroic Naxx or anything heh. She is still far from where I'd like her. However, comparatively she has done far better than what the report says here on wow-heroes for her spec.

Here is one to compare as its more based on statistical comparisons. My resto druid Sünde. On wow-heroes it denotes she wouldn't be ready for heroic naxx any time soon. Until she gears more. With be imba she was just short of the cut. When she did her first guild run she shocked the guildies. As she healed as well as the geared players in that instance. Keeping them sufficiently healed for progression. One could say good tanks and such. However, how could she be almost equal to other healers in the same?

I really do like wow-heroes. So this post is not to be taken in a bad form. Merely the logic at times to calculate data doesn't seem correct. At times it feels it wants you to take a machine gun (moderate-overkill) to a fight when a pistol would work just fine. Its layout is what I really love. Far nicer to look at than other sites. So when I look at things I tend to look at both be imba and here. Only because I feel its programming to place a toon is a bit more on. The other capacities such as gear and enchants and such I prefer from here.

[ Last edited by darkreign on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total. ]

• 6.  Re: Imba?  » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:38 am
http://i26.tinypic.com/2i8zqkj.jpg

Is the one I think should have also been listed. wow-heroes has come a long way and has done some awesome things. However I feel both are needed for an accurate standpoint where a site is.

The above picture denotes pageviews/users over a 6 month period (be imba and wow-heroes compared)
Site Admin
Site Admin
  • 7.  Re: Imba?  » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:53 am

darkreign wrote:
http://i26.tinypic.com/2i8zqkj.jpg

Is the one I think should have also been listed. wow-heroes has come a long way and has done some awesome things. However I feel both are needed for an accurate standpoint where a site is.

The above picture denotes pageviews/users over a 6 month period (be imba and wow-heroes compared)

I'm afraid that graph is worthless, since both websites use Ajax technology, it shows that all visitors only open ~1 page (average), and additional clicks are not counted. Even if this graph was accurate, it would only show that visitors mostly open 1 page, and it would not show how many visitors actually come to the website. Try to compare wow-heroes.com with msn.com for example. They get an average score of "2" on that page, but that doesn't mean that they only get 2x more visitors :)
Jump to :