1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1260&sid=162db4b62b9d3fcc41be4d2beb33e1a5&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I love your site, but OMG please fix guild rankings. I like the way you actually rank guilds, but the update procedure is ridiculous. You already have all the achievement data cached because it shows up on the individual character pages. Why then does a GM need to log in and hit a button? My guild's progress is three months out of date, as are many of the guilds on my server. Because of this, the rankings end up being more "how active is the GM on wow-heroes" rankings than "how much progress had the guild made" rankings.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
My guild's progress is three months out of date, as are many of the guilds on my server. Because of this, the rankings end up being more "how active is the GM on wow-heroes" rankings than "how much progress had the guild made" rankings.

All guilds should be auto-updated properly. The only problem may occur with :
1. newly formed guilds who recruited members which already had achievements for bosses that guild did not kill yet.
2. guilds which changed more than 50% of their members in the last few months
3. raid alliances - guilds which raid with other guilds or PuG instances
That's why we made manual update so that some "errors" can be fixed.
If you are sure that something is wrong, please tell us your zone, realm and guild name and we'll take a look :)
ok so if a guild starts about 2 month ago, still recruting and we downed a few bosses eoe 10 man, and because it was not everyons first time we dont get credit for it is that right, two we have downed 2 bosses in ulduar, but again it dont show up unless 5 from the guild was doing it for the first time is that correct.
not a kool way to do this in my mind, this guild has done alot more in all guild raids so thats 10 of us downing something, but not 5 of us for the first time......

love
evil :confused:
Site Admin
Site Admin
honeyxmoon im sorry but you somehow missed the point.

Quote:
ok so if a guild starts about 2 month ago, still recruting and we downed a few bosses eoe 10 man, and because it was not everyons first time we dont get credit for it is that right

No ,that isn't right . That only means that you (if you have rank 0 or 1 in your guild ) need to update progress for your guild manually, and you can register here:direct link

Quote:
we have downed 2 bosses in ulduar, but again it dont show up unless 5 from the guild was doing it for the first time is that correct.

Your guild progress will show up correctly if you update it manually (for that you need to have 10 people in your guild that earned/have requested achievement,for 10 man instances).
If we update guild progress for your realm we update only guilds that have earned the achievement at the same time/date with at least 5 members from their guilds for 10 man instances.

Quote:
not a kool way to do this in my mind

update your guild progress and make it "kooler" ;)
I have a question about the guild rankings too

Our top two ranks in the guild are occupied by the GM (top rank) and his alts (second rank).

I'm in charge of the guild site and progression listings...but since I'm not either rank, I can't update our info.

is there a way to bypass this system?
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rafayeliel rank 2 and 3 is able to update guild progress too. We expanded list of ranks since too many guilds had similar organization in the guild as you have.

To update guild progress you need to :
- register account ( direct link )
- wait for activation mail (use the code from the mail) ,after that you will see button "My account" in upper right corner of wow-heroes main page
- claim your character that is a officer in your guild
- use option "Guild progress" in "My account" list
-select a guild where your character is an officer and choose instance/mode you want to update (ie Naxxramas:Normal)
-click on the field "Completed" beside achievement that you want to update,that will open a little calendar for you where you can simple select date when you finished requested achievement and then click on "Update" button below.

I really hope this tips will help you ,if not feel free to ask me everything you want to know.
ok, well I got the GM to promote me to his alt's rank...and I've waited until armory has updated so I'm now listed as that rank...

but wow-heroes isn't picking up on it...can I force a refresh? or will I have to wait some more
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rafayeliel your character rank is updated at wow-heroes too, as you can see at guild report direct link . Good luck with updating your guild progress.
thanks a ton for your help, it did update, I just didn't wait long enough for it to.

<3
How long does it take for the rankings to update? Because i updated it several days ago and my guild still does not have the proper ranking.

Also, do you think that these rankings are accurate? I doubt that all guilds listed have manually tried to update their guild progress.

and, do you guys update some guilds and not others?
1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1260&sid=162db4b62b9d3fcc41be4d2beb33e1a5&start=10
Jump to :