Previous 1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1260&sid=3934ede5c0dc18b4cc036f93f85563e6&start=20
Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply

iveline wrote:
How long does it take for the rankings to update? Because i updated it several days ago and my guild still does not have the proper ranking.

If you followed all this steps :

Quote:
To update guild progress you need to :
- register account
- wait for activation mail (use the code from the mail) ,after that you will see button "My account" in upper right corner of wow-heroes main page
- claim your character that is a officer in your guild
- use option "Guild progress" in "My account" list
-select a guild where your character is an officer and choose instance/mode you want to update (ie Naxxramas:Normal)
-click on the field "Completed" beside achievement that you want to update,that will open a little calendar for you where you can simple select date when you finished requested achievement and then click on "Update" button below.

update is instant.

iveline wrote:
Also, do you think that these rankings are accurate? I doubt that all guilds listed have manually tried to update their guild progress.
and, do you guys update some guilds and not others?

We update all guilds automatically once per week. Just don't forget that for automatic update guild need to have at least 5 guild members that got requested achievement at the same time/date for 10 man instances, and at least 15 ppl for 25 man instances.

Milagros wrote:
We update all guilds automatically once per week. Just don't forget that for automatic update guild need to have at least 5 guild members that got requested achievement at the same time/date for 10 man instances, and at least 15 ppl for 25 man instances.

If this is what your system is set up to do its not doing it. On Khaz Modan the #1 guild on the server is ranked 6th on your realm list. Since they are the only ones that have downed Yogg first i fail to see how our servers rank can be correct

Milagros wrote:

I'm sorry, but that does not seem to work properly. Tre Lowen on Hellfire-EU got the Secrets of Ulduar achievement after killing Yogg on june 8th, and it still doesn't show in the ranking. Since then Yogg was killed a couple of times more, so over 25 people in the guild have this achievement now.

edit: as you can see on http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/hellfire/Tre+Lowen, I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim was completed on may 14th, and also doesn't show on Wow-heroes.

Also the ordering seems a little weird, as it seems to sort on 10-man progress first, and 25-man progress after. This means that guilds that focus on 25-man raids are sometimes ranked below guilds that are only doing 10-man.

Maybe it's an idea to split ranking into 25-man and 10-man?
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rawtorp wrote:

Milagros wrote:

If this is what your system is set up to do its not doing it. On Khaz Modan the #1 guild on the server is ranked 6th on your realm list. Since they are the only ones that have downed Yogg first i fail to see how our servers rank can be correct

Last update was on 21st June (Alex and I were on vacation) but its usually done more often .
New automatic update is being performed right now. If you notice some problems with rankings after it feel free to report them here.

Thetalisker wrote:
as you can see on http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/hellfire/Tre+Lowen, I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim was completed on may 14th, and also doesn't show on Wow-heroes.

We will take a look after today's update.

Milagros wrote:
We will take a look after today's update.

Assuming yesterday's update will be finished by now I don't see any changes. Still the most recent achievement listed for Tre Lowen is dated May 4th.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thetalisker if there is any mistake in report for your guild any officer or guild master from your guild can update info manually.

Milagros wrote:
Thetalisker if there is any mistake in report for your guild any officer or guild master from your guild can update info manually.

Well - you said your automatic update was working fine (and it should, because manual or automatic updates would give the same results based on guild roster and achievement-times), so I just wanted to let you know it isn't, and even gave you some examples which might have helped you pinpoint the problem.

You however choose to ignore that, and that's fine...I really like wow-heroes, but in the end it all comes down to being able to trust the data a site is giving you.

You now know your numbers are off, and you don't seem to care - I think that that will eventually marginalise wow-heroes' place in WOW-statistics websites, and that's a pity. You really have potential here - it would be a shame to waste that.
Site Admin
Site Admin
At the moment, we are in the middle of upgrading current and getting some new servers for wow-heroes. We have ordered it 2 weeks ago but they're still not available, and it looks like we'll have to wait for 2 more weeks. This is not a question that we don't want to do it, but to do it more often we really do need more and better hardware or other parts of wow-heroes will suffer, which is not available instantly. For example, last month we've reduced the time when "Live" guild report gets fresh data from 7 days to 5 days because people requested it, which means there's more work for the current servers.
We honestly try do make the best with what we have, but I can understand that people always want more. I hope this new hardware will arrive soon and we'll put these problems behind us.

Alex wrote:
For example, last month we've reduced the time when "Live" guild report gets fresh data from 7 days to 5 days because people requested it, which means there's more work for the current servers.

As a collegue webdeveloper I understand how all this traffic is a real pain in the neck, but we're talking about roughly 2 months of no automatic updates, not 5 or 7 days, which can only mean that the automatic updating is not as reliable as you guys think it is.

And let's be honest - if some numbers are unreliable, people will start wondering about the other numbers as well, and that's exactly what you don't want to happen.

Everyone benefits from reliable data.
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've just updated your realm manually now and it looks like you're right, a lot of new achievements are fetched now. I'll take a closer look it seems like auto update skipped that realm (and maybe few more?) for some reason. Sorry about this, and thanks for reporting it. :)
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1260&sid=3934ede5c0dc18b4cc036f93f85563e6&start=20
Jump to :