view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I realise it still needs tuning; but just something I noticed. :)

If for instance on my character I want to find an upgrade for my boots (Mage); the find upgrade function takes me to this wowhead query: http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter=sl ... ub=8#0-2+1

This filter would be more specific for my needs though: http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter=qu ... rs=1;crv=0

As you see, I've just added "Spell damage item (damage=healing)". This gives me a pretty accurate list of all spellcaster boots available out there that are an upgrade to mine.

I'm sure this can be done for all other classes and their roles in accord to their spec.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Excellent suggestion, thanks a lot, I've implemented it (a bit), hope it will work ok :yahoo:
I have noticed that all upgrades are based on Item lvl. So this is not always the best upgrades..Same for enchants.
But i guess it would be a tremendous amount of work to get this working properly..:)

Nice job on the page though..:D

Alex wrote:
Excellent suggestion, thanks a lot, I've implemented it (a bit), hope it will work ok :yahoo:

Yay thanks :D
I mentioned it on another "find an upgrade" suggestion thread so I'll just copy and paste most of it here:

Since wowhead.com initiated the built-in weighting system it might be easiest to use the pre-fabricated ones. Grab the current spec and have it querry wowhead using those pre-defined factors. So a holy/disc priest wowhead would give you this Weighted Result.

Edit: The only times where this may become a problem is when wowhead has multiple prefabricated specs for different talents. I.E. feral druids get "Fearal Tank" and "Feral DPS" on wowhead. In this case I'd suggest using the spec that's more prevalent in the community.
Site Admin
Site Admin
This is a very nice suggestion. I'm a bit busy with complete database redesign. We should have an improved version of WoW-Heroes in a day or two i hope. After that, I'll focus on things like this one, i promise :)
Jump to :