view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
my ap is currently 1038 and i have the needle encrusted scorpian am i wasting my time gemmin for ap and start gemming for strength
I'd gem for str from the start for two reasons: One str point will give you 2 ap and I believe (tho not shure) helps you armor pen as well.

Second, ap is going away in cat and i'm not shure how bliz is going to handle that conversion. With str gems you know what your geting.
Your best possible course of action is to get deathbringers will. Most of the proc from the NES is being wasted right now.

Alternatively, you could drop arp gems for str gems so that your passive arp + the proc from NES = 1399. Then you would be "soft capped". You would see a slight increase in your dps if you did that.

Aside from the question at hand, you are itemized fairly well. Your expertise is a little high so bleeding off some expertise would increase your dps as it would be replaced with a stat that actually did something =). For reference, the expertise cap is 215 rating.

You could fetch a little more arp with no loss of any stat that matters by going with the other 226 neck, the broach of wailing night.

Trade out the ashen ring of might for the vengeance one. It will increase your dps more. The thing about fury warriors right now is that agility is actually good, lol.

PS:: Don't call it AP, call it Arp. AP gets confused for attack power like the person above me. And also, out of curiosity, what kind of DPS do you do on Marrowgar?

Also, str does not help with armor penetration. And it's pointless to plan for cataclysm. They're replacing stats like arp with things like crit, extra str, etc for cata on existing gear, so no matter what your gear will be useable the day after patch.
Jump to :