1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2702&sid=7c7d0060114106c5d9353754593fb57a&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Warrior Caps?
Quick questions: Is there or what is the cap for warriors in..........

ARMS / FURY

Strength:
Agility:
Attack Power:
Hit Rating:
Crit Chance:
Expertise:
Armor Penetration:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Foodnetwork
Really i guess i am asking what should i get certain stats to then move onto other stats i.e. i first get Hit to 8% then move onto AP and get it to 4k, etc.
The only important caps you need to know are the hit and expertise caps, which are...

HIT RATING:: 262.32(with 3/3 in Precision it's 163.95) or 8% hit
EXPERTISE:: 215 rating or 25/25. This may change depending on your racials.

Critical cap is unknown, but the big heads over at elitist jerks suppose it's around 75-80% crit. This is something that is impossible to hit right now, and you can use all the crit you can get!

Attack power also has no cap, and every point in it is just as valueable as the point before. No diminishing returns here. You want as much as you can get.

Haste cap is irrelevant for fury/arms warriors, mostly because of flurry, which with decent gear should be up 100% of the time. It pretty much caps you on it's own. A little bit of haste can improve your rage generation though you should be in a near infinite rage scenario during boss fights anyways.

Armor Penetration cap is 100% or 1399 rating. DO NOT try to hit this until you have an armor penetration rating of approximately 700-800 just from your gear, at this point every point you put into armor penetration is worth more than 1 point in strength, so you should swap all your gems for armor penetration gems to try and hit the hard cap. Keep in mind that battle stance gives you 6% armor penetration already, so you only need 94% to be capped as an arms warrior.

As a sidenote, if you are trying to PvE DPS, you are going to want to use fury. A similiarly geared fury warrior versus an arms warrior will average 1k more DPS single target. Arms is useful for the utility it provides, however, and if your raid needs a healing reduction bot you'll fit right in as arms.
Even though i was lost on some of the things this was most amazingly informative. Thank you for taking the time to break is down and explain it for me. Very much appreciated.
Is it true that with weapon mastery you only need an 18 with expertise???
I dont think this info is right because i tried even 19 and im pretty sure im getting parried by bosses.
I think i need to gem for strength to because my gear alone doesnt bring arp to even 30%, but i do have a trink that when activated on crit hit brings arp from 30% to 80%.
I just tried to stack mostly arp gems and now its at 503. If you can give me any info on tightening up my gear it would be much apreciated.

ok thx
Like I said in the above post, expertise cap is 25/25. Mouse over it to see your expertise rating, which is more accurate. You need 215 expertise rating.

You should be gemming exclusively for strength right now. You can get a moderate gain in DPS by gemming armor penetration to hit the "soft cap" which is the amount that brings your armor penetration rating to 1399 when your trinket procs. I'm assuming you're talking about the needle encrusted scorpion which gives you 678 armor penetration. You would need 721 armor penetration from armor and gems to hit the cap and you are nowhere near that yet.
ok thx alot
I have a new question ive been trying to figure out.
Is there any other benifits from strength besides attack power and block?
Is it every 1 strength = 2 attack?
Because i dont see why i wouldnt just gem with 40 attack power, being a Arms dps warrior i dont need block???
Another question i frogot to ask heh
Are the caps the same for PVP?
Should i be only useing arp for pvp gear?

k thx agian
Warrior PvP has changed alot since I last did it seriously. Technically there are no caps on hit and expertise because dodge, parry, etc can be higher on players than they can on level 83 elite mobs. Armor penetration helps some in pvp, but not much,. You're much better off just stacking str.

Yes, 1 str = 2 attack power. But, attack power does NOT scale with abilities and buffs. For example, improved berserker stance does not increase attack power by 10%, it increases strength by 10%.. Also, buffs like blessing of kings, etc. only increase strength. General consensus is that, with buffs, 2 AP = 0.86 STR.
Hey thanks for this informative post! I just have a question for you are these "caps" for yellow or white attacks. For example i do not miss or get any of my yellow attacks mitigated however my white attacks miss/parry/dodge regularly and i am capped in both hit/expertise, if you can check this out for me i would greatly appreciate thanks ahead of time.

Here is my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27Tharon&cn=Sinlord
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2702&sid=7c7d0060114106c5d9353754593fb57a&start=10
Jump to :