view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hey Guys,

I am wondering about armor penetration and when to start gemming for it. My situation is not the same as many others who have posted asking this question and I've searched elitistjerks, etc for info.

I've done the math for my fury set and it seems I'm teetering on the edge of having arp benefit me more than strength. Currently I do about 5k dps unbuffed, 6-7k buffed in 5 mans, and 8-9k in 10-25 mans. My gearscore is right at 2900.

My quandry is that I'm not sure if I should go ahead and push my base armor penetration(before NES procs) up and ditch alot of my str and crit gems. I know that I will have to very soon to maximize my dps, but is it time yet? RAWR Optimizer keeps optimizing my gear to a lower dps rating than it's currently at, so I've obviously broken it =) I've been using it as a guide and then tweaking past it's usefulness.

I also, unfortunately, out DPS most of the fury warriors on my server and the ones who seem to be geared correctly are unwilling to help. I figured I'd ask here first to try to drum up some activity on these warrior forums =)

Thanks in advance,
Ahmatank
Question answered by spending loads of gold.

FYI, It's best to switch over at about 700 ARP from gear alone with JC at 450. 750 ARP for non jewel crafters.
i am currently at 913 armor pen was thinking about dropping it down back into the 850 range and gemming a little more str see if my dps goes up any what do you think? wanted to check b4 spending some g
Your DPS would decrease by a small amount. Every point in armor penetration is worth more than every point in strength after around 700 armor penetration rating.

You can use landsoul's warrior spreadsheet to test further.
i got some new gear and was just wondering if the 750 # includes the trinket, i wanna stack arm pen gems so i can start doing some real damage! but i only wanna regem 1 more time. all ur info has helped a lot. thx
what is "the trinket"?

If you mean trinket's in general, like Deathbringer's will, then yes.

If you mean trinkets like the Needle Encrusted Scorpion, Grim Toll, etc. Then no.
yes i was talking about the scorpion, i couldnt make it more vague..lol i'm just ready to regem. i wanna bring 10k single target!!
i finally got my arp to 751 with just my gear. but when i swap out my str gems for arp gems acording to landsouls spreadsheet my dps will go down. i guess im just confused or using the spreadsheet wrong. and i dont wanna regem to arp and have to go back to str.

also i picked up the whispering fanged skull tonight and according to the spreadsheet if i swap out my banner of victory for it my dps goes up almost 200 points.
Jump to :