•  Topic Hit rating
  •   |  Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:37 pm 
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
What is the hit rating cap for rogues now? I have been looking around and still do not a clear answer.
As far as I know, unbuffed (but assuming you have 5/5 precision), and attacking a boss, the soft caps are as follows:

Specials = 99
Poisons = 315
White = 722

With anything over 315 being "wasted", as compared to putting those stats towards things like Agi, AP, Haste, and ArP...

That's going by the info I can find on Elitistjerks.com anyways...
315 I believe is more geared for mut or poisons

Combat you should do well at 308

Either way you want to get your hit at or as close as possible to either of them
Just out of curiosity, would anyone happen to know what the hit cap is for Subtlety?
Hit rating cap 99

Do NOT gem for Hit after that... Let your gear/trinkets get you up. My gear has me at 646 Hit by itself

Again DO NOT gem hit :banghead:

If ya want to gem to hit ur target. Get EXPERTISE cap. 20 softcap minimum. 28 softcap Max :good:
Wow-heroes actually has a hit rating calculater..

Hit rating calc

madmayhem wrote:
315 I believe is more geared for mut or poisons

Combat you should do well at 308

Either way you want to get your hit at or as close as possible to either of them

for combat u dont want less hit, most ur damage is white attacks, if anything u want more but i will never not miss as a rogue so its pointless to try and go past 315. sub rogues also are white damage strong but not there yet as far as dps, but if u want to play it i know i like it i would go for 315 hit
Hit is actually quite valuable in a lot of gear sets. Of course it is only valuable to gem to avoid crit capping. In my gear the EP of hit is significantly higher than that of crit. Hit is by no means wasted past the soft caps.
Jump to :