1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=12&t=471&sid=808652de2edc9aad5cea9aefecb7e932&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
was hoping for a few suggestions to get my dps up. what is the best spec and daggers r swords?
well that depends .... if you are Assassin spec daggers is way to go ... i am Combat Claws .... 18 assassin ... 53 combat .... there is a a lot of debate on what is best .... swords claws and mutilate specs are the most popular i have noticed .... guess it depends on how you play your rogue .... if you want to check out my spec my rogue is Muddle on Shu halo .... finding a good rotation seams to be the trick to raiding no matter the class ... so looking around online for spec and rotation of skills will help your DPS .... GL and Happy Hunting

Muddle
80 Gnome Rogue
best spec for me is sub.you can make marcos allowing you to blink in the back and ambush 3 time in a row with in 3 sec.that is enough time to finish them off with your other CD.
the best rogue dps is going assasination using 53 13 7 specs and use mutilate then slice and dice.with the daggers in both hands i have gotten over 1700 on each dagger on regular hit with mutilate.you can stack mutilate till 5 and and the evistrate or slice and dice.i have gotten dps of over 1500 in a voa raids.even ambush will get you alot just macksure your in back of him.
A Few things I thought I would add:

1. 1500 DPS is not very good (not trying to be mean lol)
2. Currently Mutilate and Combat Swords/Fists/Maces Talent builds are considered to be the best, both pretty close to one another.
3. Regardless of your build (like an above poster mentioned) your DPS is almost entirely based on your Rotation and Gear.
4. I have played both Combat and Mutilate, Mutilate rotations need more..... Attention, While Combat builds require less. (I favor Mutilate just because I leveled Combat)
5. When and if blizzard decides to put poison immune bosses in end game content, Although I have not yet encountered it yet, most likely Mutilates builds DPS will suffer, as many talents in Mut increase poison Proc and Damage.

Anvilmar
Eztol
80 Rogue
I would suggest getting a few weapons and spending some time on a target dummy! As of late I have seen Mutilate fast MH/ fast OH do crushing raid dmg. As well I have seen the traditional combat swords do well. But IMO and my current spec/weapons is combat Fist/Fist or Fist/Dagger depending on the fight. On average i sustain 2.2-2.3k DPS on an 80 heroic dummy over 5min. The overall dmg is around 665-680k in that duration. Rogues have few options for WotlK. Get the best weapons you can and spec off of that. Oh and for those just hitting 80 dual wielding "Librarian Papper Cutters" as Mutilate is a cheap and easy we to stay competative until you get better gear.
Well i use this build :
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talen ... &n=Eclypse

Not complaining did 4000-6000ish in 25 naxxramas last time i went and thats for overall for whole raid.
i made a test build for 3.1 aswell tell me what you think its like this :
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogue=0 ... rsion=9626

Greetings
Eclypse 80 Rogue Khadgar eu
yeah but remember raid buffs and food buffs will incrase all stats in raids,

im normally dps 2.5k+ but depends what bosses and what group i have since im assassination spec, (we hit hard and quick) long fights and ur dps will drop, even with dot on.

rogues remember 2 cook attackpower food buffs for hcs and raids, stamina is not needed if u have good heals.

Josapher <Owls of Rassilon> (Wildhammer, EU)
Mut spec with daggers is damn good dps if it is played correctly and the poisons are used right. Also, combat fists is an incredible spec if once again..played right. The current spec that I am using is 15/51/5 4k dps is a promise if you do it right. :)

Nocturnljs -Vashj-US
BE ROGUE
I've gone combat and assassination. I am an assassination rogue at the moment. I was combat when I started. You see, I switched to assassination when I got a good dagger for it; I am doing very well this way.
My spec is: 51/13/7

I duel weirld daggers and use the following rotation:
1.Open with Garrote, if possible.
2.Slice and Dice
3.Hunger for Blood
4.Mutilate
5.Eviscerate or Envenom (to refresh SnD)
6.Multilate to 5 CP
7.Rupture
8.Mutlilate to 5 CP
9.Eviscerate/Envonom
10.go to 6
11.Refresh Hunger for Blood every minute.
12.Shiv where appropriate

I hit 8k DPS in Onyxia with 2 pieces of T9. I thought it went well. (:
But assassination's rotations are more complicated than combat's.
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=12&t=471&sid=808652de2edc9aad5cea9aefecb7e932&start=10
Jump to :