view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
My GS is about 4k, and in heroic dungeons i cant my dps above 2k. Im assassination and i start out with one mutilate/sliceanddice/mutilate/rupture/hunger4blood/mutilate for combo points and end up with envenom... i use instant on my MH and deadly on my OH. what am i doing wrong or is my dps right for my gear.

What should my armor pen/attackpwr/expertise/hit rating should be. also what gems do i choose
I Generaly try to look for attack power mainly and then crit strike.

Please HELP!!! ive read every forum and guide book for rogues but still :S :(
Well for starters what you should be doing is stealth/garrote/hunger for blood/mut/SnD/mut to 5 Combo points/envenom/repeat last step.

Make sure to keep HFB up at all times so if you need to throw a rupture on before you do that if your specced properly then SnD should refresh to 20 seconds.

Another note Mut rogues want 40AP gems in their gear seeing as crit isnt all too great because it doesn't effect your poison.

Saleanath wrote:
Well for starters what you should be doing is stealth/garrote/hunger for blood/mut/SnD/mut to 5 Combo points/envenom/repeat last step.

Make sure to keep HFB up at all times so if you need to throw a rupture on before you do that if your specced properly then SnD should refresh to 20 seconds.

Another note Mut rogues want 40AP gems in their gear seeing as crit isnt all too great because it doesn't effect your poison.

Misinformation is bad.

You start from stealth. If nobody else is providing a bleed then you Garrote otherise just Mutilate because it has no positional requirement. Then HfB and SnD. From there you Mutilate to 4 or more CPs and Envenom (repeat this step as your normal rotation). Try not to clip the Envenom buff for maximum damage.

The only time you would rupture is if HfB is about to fall off and there is no bleed present on your target.

Pre BiS gear levels you will generally want to gem 40AP in red slots and 20AP/10Haste in yellow slots.

And yes crit rating does affect poisons you just don't want to gem for it because it is not as valuable as AP and Haste.

elviscerate wrote:

Saleanath wrote:

Misinformation is bad.

You start from stealth. If nobody else is providing a bleed then you Garrote otherise just Mutilate because it has no positional requirement. Then HfB and SnD. From there you Mutilate to 4 or more CPs and Envenom (repeat this step as your normal rotation). Try not to clip the Envenom buff for maximum damage.

The only time you would rupture is if HfB is about to fall off and there is no bleed present on your target.

Pre BiS gear levels you will generally want to gem 40AP in red slots and 20AP/10Haste in yellow slots.

And yes crit rating does affect poisons you just don't want to gem for it because it is not as valuable as AP and Haste.

He is right Misinformation IS bad....

You should start in stealth ALWAYS if you can.
1. If your spec'd right you should have a point in Overkill, That for being stealthed and for 20 seconds after breaking stealth you regenerate 30% additional energy. HELLO additional energy is DPS baby.

2. You don't ever want to attack a target from the front always from the rear whenever is possible. Attacks from the rear can not be blocked parried or dodged.

3. Is your expertise and hit rating where it needs to be? Are you using the right poisons? Instant on main and deadly on off hand.

4. Are your daggers such as slow in main hand fast in off hand?

5. READ and study up on your class there are a ton of forums out there that answer the exact questions you are asking. http://elitistjerks.com/ is a good place to start.
Jump to :