view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I could really use some serious advice on what gems, enchants, and rotation I should use for a raiding, combat spec Rogue 20/51/0? No matter what I do or change, I can't seem to hit over 2-2.5k dps. And I am decently geared! I use Instant on mh fist, and deadly on oh dagger.

Here's the link to my char on wow-heroes:
http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Cenarion%20Circle&name=nicodarius

Thank you, and any/all advive would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
try for 10% hit, never go below that. for gems as combat focus on Armor pen and attack power, other rogues go for agility over ap but u can get more raw power going for ap. ur enchants should look for ap.

for rotation rogues are easy to play, combat spec there is no need to stealth before battle, so be sure to let ur tank get aggro. start w/ getting 4-5 combo pts and get SnD up and never let it fall. then start getting 4-5 combo pts for evis. u can use KS if u want to get ur energy back up.
go for another 4-5 combo pts evis then i like to use BF along w/ AR (Be sure to use BF before AR as BF uses energy) and rinse and repeat.
If u wanted to u could use AR before KS as it has a longer cd. and use ur cd as they come up. only time to hold off is when a boss fight is close.

i dont remember what the ArP cap is i think its in the 700's so no need to pass that, and ur poisons look good. i hope this has helped you
Thank you for the advice, I'll try out the rotation, and gem/enchant ap, and work on getting my armpen up also.

I'll post an update in a couple days to let ya know how it worked out, and thank you again :)

Xnona wrote:
try for 10% hit, never go below that. for gems as combat focus on Armor pen and attack power, other rogues go for agility over ap but u can get more raw power going for ap. ur enchants should look for ap.

for rotation rogues are easy to play, combat spec there is no need to stealth before battle, so be sure to let ur tank get aggro. start w/ getting 4-5 combo pts and get SnD up and never let it fall. then start getting 4-5 combo pts for evis. u can use KS if u want to get ur energy back up.
go for another 4-5 combo pts evis then i like to use BF along w/ AR (Be sure to use BF before AR as BF uses energy) and rinse and repeat.
If u wanted to u could use AR before KS as it has a longer cd. and use ur cd as they come up. only time to hold off is when a boss fight is close.

i dont remember what the ArP cap is i think its in the 700's so no need to pass that, and ur poisons look good. i hope this has helped you

You only focus on ArP if you have a large amount on your gear (in the general ballpark of ~700). Otherwise you may be better off with agi or AP. You can't make a blanket statement that AP is better because "u can get more raw power". To see which gems are better for your gear use the iDPS tool found here http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t86497-java ... d_3_3_3_a/

You should never have to let your tank get aggro, thats what Tricks of the Trade is for. Use it, alot.

In general you want to use your CDs as soon as they are up. If its close and a couple are going to be available at the same time then it is better to stack them (except for AR + KS of course).

And the ArP cap is ~1400, nowhere near 700.
I just wanted to thank both of you for the advive. It helped out alot, I went from doing 2=2.5k dps to 5k dps. Because of you 2 I am back on the right track to having a kick ass rogue, I greatly appreciate you 2 taking the time, and thank you both again!!!!
Thanks a lot.
Your advice is really useful :) :good:

For combat I am still stacking AP as I can't meet the hard cap for ArP yet.

Also, If I remember right poison dmg is increased by AP.
Jump to :