1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2253&sid=f645c08fe1c6378167163250fed7b468&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Need help maximizing my DPS. My spec is 15/51/5 using swords/axes

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us ... me=sistine

I feel that I should be able to do higher dps at the moment.

I use Wound/Wound or Wound/Deadly depending on the fight. I've been doing my best to drop some hit rating as I am way over the PHC. According to www.ShadowPanther.net I've always believed that Attack Power has the same MAEP (PVE DPS value) as agility.

Basically my question is should I be gemming for Pure Agility? Beyond that at what point should I start gemming for Haste/Armor Pen/Crit strike (if ever)? And when is it ok to ignore socket bonuses? (If ever)

Gear/Talent suggestions are also welcome.

Answers can be based on my current gear. Thanks in advance for advice.
I am having almost exactly the same problem. Heres my link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... bstheninja

I recently got the weapons upgrades and thought they would significantly increase my dps but im doing the same if not worse! How the hell can i do worse dps with a WAYYY better weapon? I really dont understand it and I am embarassed when other rogues in my guild do like 9k dps and im only pulling 5k in 25 mans. That is ridiculous.

Any advice? My rotation is about the same as every other combat rogue...keep snd up at all times...keep rupture up and get a few eviscerates in there when u can. Popping tot, ar, ks, bf when they are up (not in that specific order) I really dont understand it. I'm only pulling about 3k-4k in 10 mans as well. SADNESS! Is there something I'm missing? perhaps I should tweak my build a bit? Go back to fist/dagger?

HELP!
hey guy that posted above me....i dont think anyone cares about our problems LOL thankfully my guildies rock so heres a link they gave me and it has helped greatly

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t37183-pock ... ted_3_2_a/

its easy to understand and up to date!

hope it helps
Sabstheninja,
One thing that I noticed right away is your choice of trinkets. They proc the same buf, they don't stack and they share the same cooldown timer. Either one of them is a good trinket by itself, but be aware that the 1000 AP chance on hit on the second trinket adds exactly zero dps. I strongly suggest replacing one of your trinkets.

Also, assuming you're not using a ruptureless cycle, I think you'll find that moving your two points in Improved Eviscerate to Blood Spatter will give you a bit more dps. Do the math: how often do you Eviscerate and how much dps will 14% of that give you? Compare that with 30% of rupture (I assume 100% up time) plus 30% of garrote (I assume one garrote at the onset of a fight, plus one whenever vanish is off cooldown).

Lastly, and this is a general comment for all dps, you should be accutely aware of what bufs are presently proc'ed. Use an add-on like Rogue Power Bars to make procs more visible. Configure it for all of the procs that you may encounter, e.g. "Berserk" for Berserking enchants, "Reflection of Torment" for Mirror of Truth. Let's say you're about to do an eviscerate because you have a few free seconds in your cycle. If you have procs up, you may want to Eviscerate immediately. If you have no procs up, wait as long as you can in case something does proc.

Hope this helps,
Mirinie@Alexstrasza
d0minicide,
I have a couple of suggestions for you. First, get the exalted Hodir shoulder enchant. If you're not exalted, get the honored version. Your resilience enchant isn't ideal for pve. Second, your choice of professions isn't helping your dps. Jewelcrafting, for example, would give you an extra 42 agility. Professions are hard to switch, I know, but if you want to focus on dps, then don't worry about professions. Engineering is technically the top choice, but you need to have a large supply of bombs on hand and I'm too lazy for that. I suggest Jewelcrafting and Leatherworking. BS is up there, too.

Also, since you're dual-spec'ed for pve I assume you switch specs depending on the boss. For all the other readers out there, this is the way to go. Running around killing snowbolds, chasing worms and getting drop-kicked across the room by Icehowl screams Combat. If you're the designated interrupter for Lord Jackass, it's a tank&spank (or just spank in your case), i.e. switch to Mutilate.

Other than that, study the elitistjerks link above, test any revisions in your rotation on a dummy, and read my above comment about being aware of procs.

A few other notes that I should have mentioned in my previous post... 1) Make sure to save your cooldowns for when they are most valuable. When Icehowl is stunned or when XT's heart is out, you need to unleash hell. 2) Always, always be behind your target (this is the same "always, always" emphasis that you already know about keeping S&D up). Mobs cannot block or parry if you're behind them. They can only dodge and only if you're not expertise capped (26).

Mirinie@Alexstrasza
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... eroxraptor

I have gotten some really good upgrades and thus improved my gearscore to 5025. I am not sure if my dps is good or if my rotation is right so let me know.

Garrote two combo points and pop slice and dice, usually pop victors call and fill up the bar and then rupture, fill up the bar and envenom, then two points and slice and dice again usually hitting adrenaline rush and then keep repeating the rotation. Target dummy had me unbuffed at 3.4k dps.

I had the wrong shoulder enchant on but leaving it for now while I build up Hodir reputation. How does my gear, enchants and gems look and what could I do to improve upone what I have?

Also should I change out my killing spree glyph with rupture?
In my view GO ASSASSINATION!!!!!!! Ever since the patch...assassination has been the BEST spec. My WoW-Heroes score is in the 2500s and im pulling 6-7k dps. You just got to know what your doing. If you want my spec for assassination armory me. I have the best possible assassination build out right now. What you have to do is...

1. Go steath and Garrote the enemy.
2. When you come out of stealth IMEDIATLEY PUT ON HUNGER FOR BLOOD!!!!! it gives you a 15% damage increase.
3. Then Mutilate once.
4. After you Mutilate once...Slice and Dice.
5. Right after you Slice and Dice ENVENOM!!! it makes you have a full 20 sec Slice and Dice and is more powerful then eviscerate.
6. After you have Envenomed...Mutilate 3 times untill you have 5 points built up.
7. Next, ENVENOM!!!!! Again it makes you have a full 20 sec. Slice and dice and is more powerful than eviscerate.
8. Keep repeating this process. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP RENEWING HUNGER FOR BLOOD!!!!

Also have Instant Poisin on your slowest weapon and Deadly on your faster so it can proc more.

Please message me back with your thoughts.
as far as combat rogues go now stealth is almost usless, and not need to open up w/ a bleed effect ur not a mutt rogue.

getting into gems
use Arp in all red spots, (and use the split armor pen and stam for bule if u want to gem scoket)
in yellow use either agl/haste or ap/haste i would go ur the ap/haste as it will give u a bigger hit

as for attacks start off w/ a few SS then SnD
SS up to 4-5 and Eviscerate (good to have talent pts and glyph for this)
if SnD is good KS (never use KS as ur started, use it when ur at zero energy)
refresh SnD
now use BF and AR
SS to 5 then evis
repeat

now save ur CD if ur close to a boss and u should do just fine

Shadowman wrote:
In my view GO ASSASSINATION!!!!!!! Ever since the patch...assassination has been the BEST spec. My WoW-Heroes score is in the 2500s and im pulling 6-7k dps. You just got to know what your doing. If you want my spec for assassination armory me. I have the best possible assassination build out right now. What you have to do is...

2. When you come out of stealth IMEDIATLEY PUT ON HUNGER FOR BLOOD!!!!! it gives you a 15% damage increase.
3. Then Mutilate once.
5. Right after you Slice and Dice ENVENOM!!! it makes you have a full 20 sec Slice and Dice and is more powerful then eviscerate.
6. After you have Envenomed...Mutilate 3 times untill you have 5 points built up.
7. Next, ENVENOM!!!!! Again it makes you have a full 20 sec. Slice and dice and is more powerful than eviscerate.
8. Keep repeating this process. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP RENEWING HUNGER FOR BLOOD!!!!

Also have Instant Poisin on your slowest weapon and Deadly on your faster so it can proc more.

Yeah I agree for pve im loving the 51/18/2 asas spec.

Only thing is i think you made a mistake in your rotation there, prolly just got ahead of yourself.
1) stealth
2) Garrote
3) hunger for Blood
4) slice and dice
5) Mutilate
6) Envenom
Now your up and running with the slice n dice refeshed to 20 on every envenom u do now.

7) Mutilate 5 points
8) envenom.

repeat steps 7 and 8 untill u need to refresh hunger for blood, if there isnt a bleed effect on the enemy then u will have to make one with rupture or using vanish garrote

Rinse repeat keeping hunger for blood up, this had priority over all. Also u can throw a cold blood in there etc but make sure u dont use b4 boss so its ready.

tetrahydro wrote:

Shadowman wrote:

3. Then Mutilate once.

Yeah I agree for pve im loving the 51/18/2 asas spec.

Only thing is i think you made a mistake in your rotation there, prolly just got ahead of yourself.
1) stealth
2) Garrote
3) hunger for Blood
4) slice and dice
5) Mutilate
6) Envenom
Now your up and running with the slice n dice refeshed to 20 on every envenom u do now.

7) Mutilate 5 points
8) envenom.

repeat steps 7 and 8 untill u need to refresh hunger for blood, if there isnt a bleed effect on the enemy then u will have to make one with rupture or using vanish garrote

Rinse repeat keeping hunger for blood up, this had priority over all. Also u can throw a cold blood in there etc but make sure u dont use b4 boss so its ready.

You shouldn't aim for 5CPs. The best rotation in most cases is the 4+ which means you only mutilate until you have 4 (or more) CPs. If you have 4 and hit mutilate again for a 5th you are likely wasting 2 CPs.
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2253&sid=f645c08fe1c6378167163250fed7b468&start=10
Jump to :