Previous 1 . 2
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply

d0minicide wrote:
Need help maximizing my DPS. My spec is 15/51/5 using swords/axes

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us ... me=sistine

I feel that I should be able to do higher dps at the moment.

I use Wound/Wound or Wound/Deadly depending on the fight. I've been doing my best to drop some hit rating as I am way over the PHC. According to http://www.ShadowPanther.net I've always believed that Attack Power has the same MAEP (PVE DPS value) as agility.

Basically my question is should I be gemming for Pure Agility? Beyond that at what point should I start gemming for Haste/Armor Pen/Crit strike (if ever)? And when is it ok to ignore socket bonuses? (If ever)

Gear/Talent suggestions are also welcome.

Answers can be based on my current gear. Thanks in advance for advice.

If combat is what your going for, i suggest you gem ALL armor pen until your at cap, which is 1400 i believe. Or, once you have done that, gem for atk pwr / hit. This is because the more hit you are over cap, the higher your crit rating goes up.

On the other hand, if mutilation is what your looking for, pure dps, as to combat being raid dps, you should gem 40 Atk pwr for reds and 20 Atk pwr / 10 haste for yellows.
As for the Mutilation rotation.. As follows

Stealth
Garrote
Hunger for Blood
Slice and Dice
Mutilate x2
Envenom
Also throwing in your trix of the trade
Once your overkill dies, Vanish
Garrote
Hunger for Blood as needed
Mutilate till 4-5 CP then Envenom, if you get more from the spec proc that's fine but pay attention to your CP, as to it can make or break dps time.
Rinse & Repeat

You can check out my WoWArmory if you would like my spec. I highly recommend you to and follow my gemming process / Follow my rotation if you would like to be pulling the dps you imagine of a top guild raider...14k+
<--

:P

Send me a message if you would like more information on a combat rotation and spec.
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply

Kobe wrote:

If combat is what your going for, i suggest you gem ALL armor pen until your at cap, which is 1400 i believe. Or, once you have done that, gem for atk pwr / hit. This is because the more hit you are over cap, the higher your crit rating goes up.

On the other hand, if mutilation is what your looking for, pure dps, as to combat being raid dps, you should gem 40 Atk pwr for reds and 20 Atk pwr / 10 haste for yellows.
As for the Mutilation rotation.. As follows

Stealth
Garrote
Hunger for Blood
Slice and Dice
Mutilate x2
Envenom
Also throwing in your trix of the trade
Once your overkill dies, Vanish
Garrote
Hunger for Blood as needed
Mutilate till 4-5 CP then Envenom, if you get more from the spec proc that's fine but pay attention to your CP, as to it can make or break dps time.
Rinse & Repeat

You can check out my WoWArmory if you would like my spec. I highly recommend you to and follow my gemming process / Follow my rotation if you would like to be pulling the dps you imagine of a top guild raider...14k+
<--

:P

Send me a message if you would like more information on a combat rotation and spec.

I knew about all of that rotation, it's what I use, except the Overkill. Everything else had been said, and it had been good to know I was doing it correct, hopefully that extra bit helps, thanks :good:
Previous 1 . 2
Jump to :