view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Okay so I am trying to gear myself so I am not so overcapped on hit(right now much over 600 hit). But it seems that, thats all the gear I can find for DPS. As you can tell by the armory I do not have any hit gems or enchants... So my guess is that I am using another classes gear, which would mean fail.

So I guess this is a two part question:
1) What should I remove (replace) and;
2) If so what stats should I work on and use.

Thanks for any helpful advice
Considering that you also have hit talents, you're sitting at almost 31% hit chance and you need to lose about 14% from your gear.

I honestly don't know how you fail to see DPS gear. If item has hit on it, it does mean it's for DPS, but not all DPS items must have hit on them. Pretty much most of the non-hit gear is desired by both healers and DPS, so you will find yourself rolling against them at some point. Drop your hit trinket for a start, since you can get something better from emblems.

Don't get items that have mp5 on them, since those are useless for DPS. You either want Spirit instead or haste/crit. And don't get items with both Spirit and hit on them, since those are generally worse than items from previous tier of content.

Check shadowpriest.com, Wowhead, Armory for some possible upgrades. Read about gemming and enchants please.
first get rid of the hit trinket. get the sundial from the heroism vendor (its easy to get)
replace bracers with Bejeweled wizard. there you dropped 140 hit and got better gear.

you'll still be well over cap but being ~50points over is not a horrible thing if other stats are ok. It also gives you some wiggle room.
I have been busting my ass since this post and am now only 100 over hit. I went through the forums and found what to gem and the enchants needed. I have replaced my hit trinket with a healing trinket. Thanks for the first set of advice anymore advice would be great as well. Possibly how I am talented ;)!
well the healing trinket is pretty bad as well. down rank some emblems get the sundial OR the last boss in HPoS drops a great dps trinket... nevermelting ice crystal.

gemming and chants still seem to be a bit off. General rules for socketing in 3.2 was socket pure Red spell power gems, 2 purified purple gems for meta gem and chaotic meta gem. for 3.3 it changed a little

Red Sockets still runed spell power
Blue sockets Pruified purple (the spell power spirit) only 2 of these and where spell power is the socket bonus.
Yellow safe to use reckless (spell power/haste) especially where the socket bonus is spellpower or haste.

Enchanting: Spell power on everything. Back, Haste. Boots there is some argument. Icewalker if you need hit else get the spirit or tuskars. I go for spirit for the 3 extra spell power but tuskars allows you to move a tiny bit faster. Gem powerful stats on chest.

do not be afraid to use a lower level item, especially with trinkets.

http://www.shadowpriest.com go to the gear section will help you figure out what to shoot for.
Jump to :