view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
im getting really quite P"$"^ed off with my shadowpriest. i have semi decent gear and as far as i know my spec is ok. as for rotation i usually hit SWP until i get 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving while moving into position. Then ill use VT - MB - DP - MF - SWD - MB - MF - VT (restarts) i wont always follow this is will be altered depending on situations but my main prio is dots then MB... i dont use SWD alot if im honest. i dont see it being useful as it triggers a GCD for it. If im wrong please. Let me know...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Demonik

My DPS varies. Mostly sits just under 4k though. It goes up to 5k and can droop as low as 3k. But i dont know what im doing wrong...

Guys any and all advice on this would greatley help me. Im getting to the stage where im so annoyed im thinking of giving it up... although i enjoy it its not good enough DPS for me to be a player in the raids and i feel like im letting my guild down.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Thanks.
You will get a big boost in dps from raid buffs. Watch out when you cut your MF off early cause you may not get that last tick of damage. Additionally consider your GC, ill start a MF only to MB once the GC is done; i notice this helps my dps and i really dont like waiting half a sec on my MB when i could get a tick of MF in. As a shadow priest your dps is slow to start and you wont hit your average dps much unless you are on a boss.

Hang in their :) spriests are fun :P
ohhh, one more thing, spirit on shadow priest is not worth that much, if you can gem more for spell power, haste, then crit 3rd it should help your dps some :)

trust me guys, shadow priests get more dmg from haste then they do with crit. i try to stay at 20% crit and move the rest of the gems and enchants into haste. works well. but spell power is still the best hands down.
so. looking at my gear... is there anything you would change? because as far as im aware ive kept SP / Haste / Crit and SPR im my main list

Demonik wrote:
im getting really quite P"$"^ed off with my shadowpriest. i have semi decent gear and as far as i know my spec is ok. as for rotation i usually hit SWP until i get 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving while moving into position. Then ill use VT - MB - DP - MF - SWD - MB - MF - VT (restarts) i wont always follow this is will be altered depending on situations but my main prio is dots then MB... i dont use SWD alot if im honest. i dont see it being useful as it triggers a GCD for it. If im wrong please. Let me know...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Demonik

My DPS varies. Mostly sits just under 4k though. It goes up to 5k and can droop as low as 3k. But i dont know what im doing wrong...

Guys any and all advice on this would greatley help me. Im getting to the stage where im so annoyed im thinking of giving it up... although i enjoy it its not good enough DPS for me to be a player in the raids and i feel like im letting my guild down.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Thanks.

Okay for starters while looking at your gear, start regemming. Your red and blue sockets should both be filled with the sp/haste cut. Also seriously consider switching out the Shard of the Crystal Heart for Abyssal Rune from reg ToC. Yes it may seem like a downgrade since its from a reg dungeon, but its worth it since you are WAY over hit capped and extremely low on haste.

As per rotation, I vote on using TinyCasterStats and EventHorizon for addons while you dps, to help with watching for your max sp proc (to recast SWP) and to help with clipping your MFs.

To start, just get your dots rolling, whether its casting VT then moving into position with SWP and DP, it doesnt matter, just get them up there, there is plenty of time to recast them during a raid fight, but recast them when you hit a max proc to start especially SWP.

So now that you have your dots rolling and maintaining those, you should be using MB anytime its up, clipping a MF if you have to and using SWD only after a cast (usually MB is a good one to cast but you can swing it with a VT). Reasoning behind using it after a casted spell rather than an instant or channelled is because it will then share the same global cooldown, letting you keep on going with your rotation instead of losing an extra half-second. MF is just used as a filler between MB cds and keeping up dots.
Jump to :