view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Does someone have some suggestions for the number you would need to raid with a shadow preist.

I focus on SP>spirit>crit>haste and any MP5 is a bonus.

Also what kind of hit rating is good for raiding and is that even a relevent stat for a shadow priest.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Main stat that you need as a shadow priest (any dps class) is hit (more info about spell hit you can find here. When your character is hit capped you need to focus on spell power and other stats.
Stats for Spriest as far as DPS in 25 mans = 289 Hit rating (which is 11% hit so your capped against all mobs) then SP for harder hits. Followed by Crit since SWPain and DP and VT can now crit. Then Haste for quicker GCD's and MF's. If you are at least 140-150hit rating you can do 10 man Naxx for easy upgrades to gear out before 25's
A good dps rotation;

SwP - VE - (i normally use Devouring plague here) - MB - MF - SwD - MF

Then keep VE & DP up whenever you can, spamming MB & SwD filling the gabs with MF; works really well for me, not sure if its 100% the best way, but i've found no other :)

Night

Nighthaven wrote:
A good dps rotation;

SwP - VE - (i normally use Devouring plague here) - MB - MF - SwD - MF

Then keep VE & DP up whenever you can, spamming MB & SwD filling the gabs with MF; works really well for me, not sure if its 100% the best way, but i've found no other :)

Night

Why would you want to put up your DoTs before you have 5 stacks of shadow weaving on the target for the extra crit ?
I open with Vampiric Touch -> Mind Blast -> Mind Flayx3 -> Devouring Plague -> Shadow Word: Pain

The early Mind Blast is to get it on CD asap and also to get replenishment going. MFx3 gets me to a 5 stack of shadow weaving before applying dots. From then on, it's a priority system. As of 3.1 I've been trying to get used to favoring VT over MB but I still catch myself doing mind blasts with no VT on the target. VT > MB > DP > MF. I've also been practicing mind flay clipping but it hasn't made a noticeable difference. Shadow word deaths are used during repositioning on fights where it's safe to.

Go toShadowPriest.com for really good info on your class and shadow spec.

Milagros wrote:
Main stat that you need as a shadow priest (any dps class) is hit (more info about spell hit you can find here. When your character is hit capped you need to focus on spell power and other stats.

With this information in mind, why wouldnt the Enchant Bracers - Major Spirit be rated higher? While I can see picking +spell damage first, wouldn't you pick spirit of stam?
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enchant Bracers - Major Spirit have now score 10 for shadow priests.
Jump to :