view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
ive been thinking for awhile now about how pallies are the only healing class without aoe heals or hots, aside from holy light glyph. of couse we make above average mt and ot healers, but why not throw us some aoe and hots? i feel like im just the leftover healer, i mean yes we do have the most mana efficient heals, and a life-saving instant cast, but tbh so do other healing classes.

deadscar-haomarush
At first i thought the same as you, but since i have been doing more raiding and less heroics or 10mans my view has changed.

I am generally either even with one of our other aoe healers or above them by a few percent. If pallies had an aoe heal then there would be no real reason to bring any other healing class to the raid. Holy pallies have strong very quick heals that are excellent for tank healing (or with beacon on the tank, they are good for raid healing) and our insta cast nuke heal is perfect for people who can't stay out of the flames on Sarth or the ice blocks on KT. Other classes have less of those kinds of heals.

We also have som unique abilities like Beacon and SS that make great raid utility and/or improve your own healing by a scientific number "alot"

Glyph of Holy Light is a nice boost in healing but doesn't make a huge difference, but it helps.
Glyph of Flash of Light is now vialble and should be used if your holy.
Glyph of Seal of Light improves healing by 5% while active, its very good for.... well healing.

Also, Judgeing light on the main target will improve your healing, its basicly a pallies' aoe heal. Its my favorite aoe heal infact. Mine heals for about 450 on each target and it lasts for as long as its up. It is perfect for fights like the Gargoyals, Saph, and KT among many others. In a 25man raid setting it equals about 20-25% of my healing. Heroics and 10mans dont work quite as well with judgeing it, but do it anyways, the 15% haste bonus is good for healing to. (some people do not know that)

Added: Taggy of Medivh, Holy 53/0/18
Yes, it is not that bad now in WotLK.

Besides, when you are healing 5-man heroics, Sacred Shield is a great tool for those fights with a alot of group damage. When you know that everyone is going to take damage, try to keep Sacred Shield active on everyone. The reactive shield will provide extra time for you to heal back the whole group, which makes a huge difference in those high group damaage situations.
here is a video i made on youtube demonstrating the capabilities of the new holy light glyph. this video features pally aoe healing on demand.

watch in high quality

subscribe comment rate,
thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh62lqcLLI4
There is no need for pally healers to become AoE efficient they are mad e the way they are because they are tank healers...... this discussion is useless (NOTE: come the 3.2 patch they are giving there sacred shield cause a hot affect on a person when casted flash heal and if by then you have the 2 set bonus at least to t8 which gives your holyshock a hot affect after its use then there yah go happy?)

O and btw which what there adding you still get the full affect of both the heals plus the hot affect

are MANA REGEN is kinda getting boned though...... but all we have to do is actually start using the MP5 gear
:wizard:
If you keep judgement of light up on the tanks target 100% of the time you will get a considerable increase to your hps. I suggest macroing it
I quite Agree that Honestly most grps need a pally for plenty of fights and we have Beacon on Light up on the tank 100% but for Valinthra Dreamwalker which would you prefer a pally heals or a druid we are probably the best healers for most fights (Rotface,Blood council etc.) but a nice little rejuvenation would be nice ( 3 80 heals and my pallys my favorite :king2: )
In Cata they give us AOE heal .....but we basically have to stand with the melee now so blah =/
I agree Hots would be great, But with holy pally's We are tank healers mostly. Aoe heals would be nice but what would we use druids for then. I think blizzard wants to keep it even, If pally's could do hots and AOE heals would 10-25 man raids use any other healer?, Because in my opinion Pally healers are the best. Thats why i think blizzard leaves the hots and AoE heals to druids and priests.

~Listis The Great[color=#0040FF][color=#000000][color=#FFFFFF][item=][/item][/color][/color][/color]
I am agree with you, Nice suggestion
Jump to :