view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hey all, ive been running icc 10 for about 4 weeks now and i have been doing 4.5-5k DPS using the rotation, Judgement of light (seal of vengeance), Crusader strike, Divine storm, Exorcism, Consecration. I have had a few players ask me to do more dps which has left me confused as to how as i thought that i was doing things right =S I have seen other ret pallys do 8k+ and my warrior mate gets up to 13k and i am left wondering where i am going wrong. Whilst my current gearscore (5377) may not be great i thought that i would be doing more damage.

Any advice is appreciated
Ok, here is the problem I think most ret pallies face. There really isn't a "rotation", especially if you have the t10 2set bonus. The key is you have to be using an ability every time the global cooldown is done, everytime. As you gain experience playing and become more comfortable with all of the abilities, you need to figure out how to make this happen. Here is an example of a fight (w/o t10 2set), though the start of my dps is not limited to this combination. Judge, consc, CS, DS, exor, CS, judge, consc, CS, misc, DS, CS, judge, consc, CS, misc, misc, CS, etc, etc. Misc could be any of sacred shield, divine plea, or holy wrath if undead. Make sure to use Avenging wrath when you have the five stacks of vengeance on, usually not before. For a boss like marrowgar, make sure to keep the vengeance dot refreshed even during the whrilwind or bone spike, though some bosses make this impossible to accomplish. As far as gear goes, hit usually solves itself (capped at 8%), so don't really worry about it unless you're well under capped. Expertise also isn't all that essential, though you should try to reach the cap. Critical strike and Strength are a rets most valuable stats, with haste being the next priority. Arm pen does help, but not enough to make a sizeable difference, so haste should be prefered. I hope this short guide helps.

Lorris wrote:
Critical strike and Strength are a rets most valuable stats, with haste being the next priority.

I would have thought +STR and +AP as the primary stats followed by Crit then haste?

I'm a new lvl80 with very poor gear (GS abt 2550) so I usually only get a DPS of around 1.7K. My rotation is very simple:

Avenging Wrath / Crusader Strike / Divine Storm / Judgement of Wisdom / Crusader Strike / Exorcism (only if Art of War is active) / Consecration / Crusader Strike / Judgement of Wisdom / Divine Storm / Crusader Strike / Exorcism

I also have Retribution Aura / Blessing of Might on at all times, Seal of Command for all but raid bosses and Seal of Corruption for raid bosses. Plus always ask another pally for BoK on top of your self casted BoM.
Jump to :